What's new

What are you playing right now? (1 Viewer)

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
What a coincidence - I am just getting ready to start AC:Revelations. I decided to get an XBox controller for my PC. I have always had a few annoying issues with keyboard/mouse control and have read that with Revelations, mouse sensitivity has been an issue for some players. We'll see how long it takes for me to get used to it. The controller just arrived today from Amazon, so I'm anxious to get rolling after the kids are in bed tonight.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Finally doing the Borderlands2 campaign during downtime in EQ1. Funstuff! Got my new desk set up so I can multitask on multiple boxes and got the 5.1 surround setup, there is a TON of great low end bass in BL2!

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Sam Posten said:
Finally doing the Borderlands2 campaign during downtime in EQ1. Funstuff! Got my new desk set up so I can multitask on multiple boxes and got the 5.1 surround setup, there is a TON of great low end bass in BL2!
You doing it solo? BL2 is far harder than BL1, especially on playthrough 2 (True Vault Hunter mode) when soloing. I started with Zero but after a short time in TVHM I started over with Axton.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Solo because I can't commit to big blocks of time while Raiding in EQ1. I'm playing the Mechro which works for me. I go tear stuff up with my robot and then go back to EQ while the cool down hits. I've got 62 of 64 golden keys still banked (I know, I know, overkill) so I'm not wanting for serious firepower and I don't have to blow too much time opening crates other than those which obviously have guns in em.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I don't have the Mechro add-on but I heard she was as easy as Axton for solo play, which isn't necessarily easy but much more doable.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So far the only issue I've had was W4RD3N since I didn't have a corruption weapon to take out his shield. A trip to the golden key box made that easy (my first was a bazooka, and you can't even buy bazooka ammo once you run out at this level in most machines!) but I'm told I could have bought a cheap one via Marcus if I didn't have a spare key. Fortunately I've been banking shift codes like mad, more than ever playing the game itself. I'm pacing myself on using them to not ruin the game. The Mechro sooooooo fits my style of play! And character sensibilities.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Jason Charlton said:
...  I decided to get an XBox controller for my PC. ...
There's a ton of stuff that works better with that controller. I was completely stuck on Darksiders until I plugged mine in for the first time. I'm actually stuck again but not as stuck as before. Fallout 3 GOTY. At least up until it started freezing. I tried all of the current "fixes" and they did nothing. Bethasda could fix this. As it is, if it goes into slo mo (after a kill) it's frozen. I'm thinking it's a sound issue. Fallout NV. Having fun with this one. Plays fine. Strange. That's why I think Bethasda could fix the other one since I believe everything is the same. to me, FO3 looks better than FONV. ...at least I have this one to play until I, perhaps, install FO3 on some other PC that it likes better. Deadlight. Brilliant zombie side scroller. Works great with the 360 controller for PC. Highly recommended. Closure. LOVE this weird little unique puzzle game. I'm kind of stuck, but it's fun trying over and over. They don't make em like this anymore I don't think. Archon Classic. Wish this sold more. They did a pretty good job putting this on PC for cheap. Not exactly polished, and the AI needs tweaking, and it's hard to switch directions and shoot without it going in a different direction than you want (and the AI doesn't have that problem, although it's mainly because of the controller, keyboard play doesn't have that)... but it's fun nevertheless. always loved this game on C64. A true classic of the time. I'd actually like someone to really update this with better visuals and gameplay, but keep things basically the same. This doesn't quite get there.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Just Skyrim now. Fallout NV just isn't impressing me after some play. Interesting there are large groups who consider it better than FO3. I'm not in that group but I think I may know what it is. The wandering around outdoors aspect of these games is better in FO3. But the real meat of the game, the missions, are better for many folks in FNV. Maybe... Anyway, dropping both for Skyrim, which I consider above both those with ease. Would love to (whine whine whine) rotate Skyrim with FO3GOTY but can't. :(

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I spent months of playtime in Skyrim and Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition, but Fallout New Vegas just never engaged me in the same way. Maybe it was too soon after Fallout 3? Probably need to take another crack at New Vegas later this year. Not much gaming right now with other than a casual Hunter play through on Borderlands. - Walter.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I have a feeling that with Fallout, it is whichever version you played first is the better one as the other is pretty much the same game again with minor changes. I actually think that FO3 has terrible exploration compared to NV. Navigating the subways to get around D.C. is pointlessly difficult and the world at large is just a bunch of completely random sub-adventures that must be stumbled upon with no tie-in to the main story. NV stories tend to either tie-in or chain together as in one sub-adventure leads to another area, which has other sub-adventures and so on and the whole area feels connected. Love me some Borderlands though and Mordecai is my favorite. "Go get'em Bloodwing!"

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I definitely prefer the settings of FO3 over FNV. Subways too! FNV comes off a little sloppy in places, badly placed ground textures all over the place, jsut takes me out of the game. I walked out of the shelter in FO3 for the first time and was in awe. It felt like a real place. FNV never does. :( But I agree the mission system is definitely better. I think FO4 or FNV 2 will be better versions of each of these. I read they were talking about a Fallout LA. I hope they don't remove the b-movie feel of these. Borderlands ...! I need to fire that back up. Rage, which fits with all of these, is also a lot of fun. Walter, I thought it was too soon as well, but I hadn't played FO3 in ages when I fired up FNV, played a bit, had fun in places, but got tired of it quickly. Just didn't have the same feel as FO3 for me.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Rage was good until I played Borderlands during a Steam free weekend. Hard to believe that Rage came out after Borderlands. I look forward to FO5 (or 4 if NV is considered a side mission) just for the music. I hope they can license far more songs so they don't repeat quite so much. Who will be the new DJ? I liked Wayne Newton. The feel of FO isn't so much b-movie but rather how people in the 50s imagined the future would be like. All that shiny steel and straight clean lines.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I agree. Borderland is the superior game. Rage seems like Fallout without some much detail for some reason. But it's good. The music is one thing I prefer FO3 for. I wish they had more tunes in there. I was knocked out when Happy Time appeared. Not Danny Kaye from Inspector General, but I guess the original singer who had a hit with it. I remember being a little disappointed it wasn't Kaye, and still remember where I was in the game when that Kaye song Civiliazation appeared on the radio, in the supermarket. I fell out! ...the music for FNV is also good. Iron on his Hip? .. Marty Robbins. I'm a big fan of his too. Yeah! Music is definitely something to anticipate in these games. I sure they would get more of this old music. "The feel of FO isn't so much b-movie but rather how people in the 50s imagined the future would be like. All that shiny steel and straight clean lines." One way to look at it is it actually IS B-movie since it's doing what it's doing. I think what did it most for me was being around that main waterway and those crab creatures would show up. That was among my favorites... just to watch them walk.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I finished up God Of War HD remix on the PS3. It was pretty good, but there was a couple of bits that were a bit "Tomb Raider"-ish where you had to do some platforming with awkward camera angles that were a real bitch. Nearly had me wanting to rage quit, but I stuck it out. Starting up God Of War: Ghosts of Sparta now, another HD remake, this time from the PSP. The game play is already a lot more solid. I trying to play this and God of War 2 HD before jumping back to Skyrim and playing the DLC on the PS3, but Skyrim is calling me back....

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I busted out Marvel: Ultimate Alliance in an attempt to get my kid to play something other than Madden or NBA2K. It worked! :) It's basically an old-school button-masher with superpowers and RPG elements. Good times.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Skyrim. Hard to stop... but I didn't load it yesterday and I'll probably not load it today. So I'm not really addicted. I mean, why would someone say I was. I'm reallly really not.. Downloaded Future Pinball and some tables last night. After picking up the mediocre Dreams Pinball 3D at amazon for .75, remembered this gem of a freebie. So much better than the one I bought it ain't funny.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Wrapped up God of War: The Ghost of Sparta HD Remix. I really enjoyed this one. The controls were tight and the game play a vast improvement over the first God of War. As a result it cooled my heel on jumping into God of War 2. As a result, I'm following Radiomans lead and jumping back into Skyrim land! I grabbed all the DLC on the PS3 while it was half price and got it all loaded. My game works so I'm back in. Last night I spent building my first house. It's ridiculous. I spent probably 3.5 hours building and decorating, moving in the wife, getting a couple of orphans, moving some of my cool swords over to display... what is this? "Barbies Dream House"? WHY CAN'T I STOP FIXING UP MY STUPID HOUSE!?!?!? I plan to start into Dawnguard this weekend. There's a bunch of tropheys I can build for my house that require animal pelts and dead bits from monsters, it will be fun to collect while I do missions for the Dawnguard. Time to teach those bloodsuckers what I had to learn those separatist Stormcloaks the hard way!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Fallout 3. Still playing FO3. It's my go to game when I have an afternoon. I really should buy something new(er) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks