What Are Tenor, Alto, Soprano, etc. In Terms Of Frequency Response?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

What Are Tenor, Alto, Soprano, etc. In Terms Of Frequency Response?? Just curious.

2. Arnel

Arnel Agent

I think that Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Bass uses the same ranges of notes but their tonal characteristics had given them distinct assignment in the musical scale. Generally, Soprano and Alto parts were given to ladies, Soprano taking the higher notes. Tenor and Bass parts were given to men, tenor taking the higher notes. Though there were overlaps in their voice ranges we could still map them like these: Soprano for the highest frequency voice spectrum, Alto taking the high-mid, Tenor taking the lower-mid and Bass for the lowest frequency voice spectrum. This is how I understand this but others may give some more light.

3. Ellen

Ellen Stunt Coordinator

Ellen
  4. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

ohhhh beautiful Ellen, gracias

5. Arnel

Arnel Agent

Ellen, that was very interesting. I can't belive that harp covers a very wide range of frequencies and can even surpass a bass string for lower notes. Again, thanks.

6. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

What amazes me is that the fundamental frequncies of all those instruments are not even reproduced by my tweeters, which only work above 2500 hz! Thank goodness for the harmonics and overtones or we'd be listening to speakers with a midrange and woofer only [​IMG]

7. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

What's nice about tweeters is American Beauty. That's right... the movie American Beauty. Notice during the scenes with the video camera, you can hear that whiny 15,750 Hz hum from the TV and camera. [​IMG]