What's new

What are some good places to order Region 2 DVDs from, besides Amazon??? (1 Viewer)

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
I just went to amazon.co.uk to order Scarecrows (1988), to be released on 2-19-07. The goddamn thing says " Estimated dispatch date for this item: 17 Mar 2007 - 31 Mar 2007". I want it a hell of a lot goddamn sooner than that!! So where else can I order from? The fact I can't get this movie on DVD in Region 1 pisses me off as it is.

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
Play.com may be worth a try; quick delivery to the UK but not sure if they ship to the USA/Canada. HMV.Co.UK also show the item in stock; a couple of years ago they used to ship outside the UK but have not used them lately.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
BAH! play.com's helpdesk doesn't list USA as being part of their delivery area or whatever. hmv.co.uk's order page is screwy. There's no place to enter zip code. The "Postcode" line says UK Only. Should I enter my zip there anyway? This sucks

Brian Sharp

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian Sharp
Well, you could try Blahdvd.com (where do they get these names from!). Not used them myself but they have the title listed and say they ship to North America. Good Luck

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
I use www.find-dvd.co.uk to comparison shop.

This is the search page for the item in question:

http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/JEF056DVD.htm

Seems that www.bhah.co.uk could be a good choice for the USA.

For the USA, I have used the following places:

1. Link Removed (no VAT deductions, 1GBP shipping charge per DVD, shipping notification, good customer service);

2. www.sendit.com (no VAT deductions, 1.6GBP shipping charge per DVD, shipping notification, good customer service, easy on-line order cancellation without the need to contact customer service);

3. www.blahdvd.co.uk (no VAT deductions, very fast service, no shipping charge, shipping notification);

4. www.dvdi.co.uk (no shipping cost, no VAT deductions, slow service, no shipping notification).

www.play.com does not ship to the USA. I am not sure about the other UK retailors.

Regarding the estimated delivery dates on amazon.co.uk - they give very conservative estimates. Most of the time, the packages arrive in about one week.

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
Thanks. I ordered from Blah. I love this old movie. My tape of it is about shot.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina

Thanks Richard! Sounds like a great place. I will definitely keep in in mind for my future purchases.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
I would not recommend www.dvdi.co.uk. Their prices may seem attractive, but the service is extremely slow and they do not respond to e-mails. I will never order from them again.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
another dependable shipper is cd-wow.com. Fast international shipping and competitive prices. Over 10GBP cheaper on the "Frankie Howerd Collection".

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I have previously ordered from sendit.com (when it was still called blackstar.co.uk) and found them reliable enough, but the real kicker to me is that Amazon.co.uk does not charge VAT, whereas all the others don't take it off the listed price, and given that in UK VAT is 17.5% that makes a big difference price-wise. Hence, AFAIC, it's Amazon.co.uk only, if I ever buy R2 -- I rarely do nowadays, since the pound appreciated whilst the US dollar dropped, relative to the Singapore dollar.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
Link Removed has recently introduced a free oversees shipping. Even though they do not deduct VAT, free shipping makes their prices very compatitive.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Ive used yesasia for years for my R3 discs, but they have R2 as well.

Good prices - very reliable and very fast shipping.

Irina

Second Unit
Real Name
Irina
www.xploitedcinema.com is located in the US and specializes in non-Region 1 DVDs. They are very fast and reliable and the shipping costs are very reasonable for the US residents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks