What an ending in the Northwestern v. Mich State game

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph S, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Two TDs, a missed Extra Point, and a Game Winning 47 Yard field goal.
    ...in the Final 30 seconds
    Wow!!!!!!!!! I was just flipping through the stations and was amazed by this one. Great ending to game that I really didn't care about.

2. alan halvorson

alan halvorson Cinematographer

I just got home - who won?
    ------------------
    They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
    They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
    - Napoleon XIV

3. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

Northwestern did.

4. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer
    Supporter

It sounded like a wild finish. The score was 17-14 when we left the tailgate area for The Big House and the UM-Illinois game. At least one Michigan team beat a team from Illinois today. [​IMG] So much for the Ilini getting revenge today.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    My DVD Collection
    AFI 100 Films to watch: 40 -> 5

5. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

I can say, as a Spartan, I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. What a friggin game.
    State missed, 3 field goals, and 2 pat's. They should have never been in that position. Sigh..
    -- Matt

6. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

I didn't see it, but as a Boilermaker alumni I feel pleased by the suffering of any Michigan schools due to a loss in football. [​IMG]
    Speaking of the Boilers, I liked the ending of their game against Minnesota today. A last minute drive, a game tying field goal forcing overtime, a great touchdown pass and run, and a solid defensive stand brought them the victory. I love Big Ten football!
    Brad

7. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    This is the game (and there always is one, usually early on) that made me so sick (I skipped dinner), I will not watch another college football game again this year. MSU will not rebound from this game. I predict another 5-6 season.
    Thank God for Tom Izzo.

8. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

I disagree, I think we can rebound. This defense that state has is strong, even better than lasts years. Charles Rogers is improving every game. The O-line has only played their 3rd game together, and Van Dyke may be emerging as this teams qb. 5-6 can not happen. (If it does, fire Williams). I think 8-3 is more likely.
    -- Matt

9. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    Brad,
    I agree with you, being a Boilermaker alumni myself. I thought the minnesota game was a great victory for the Boilers. It's always tough to win on the road, especially in the Big 10.
    I think Purdue is really going to surpise people. Their defense is pretty good and the offense is good too. Althoug Brees is gone, the new guy is very good and will improve as the season goes on.
    ------------------
    ------ Dave ------
    ------------------
    MY HT