What's new

Directors What Actor or Actress Bothers You? (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Andrew, you are so right about Sagat. "Full House" was such a BAD show all around, and, if even possible, he was even worse on "Funniest Videos". He never even tried to hide his contempt for the show, its contestants and his audience. How he was so popular is a great mystery.

Mike Mundt

Stunt Coordinator
not defending bob sagat here, but hes actually nothing liek he plays off in FullHouse and Funniest Videos. If youve seen him in interviews and just talking, he has a dirty mouth, hes made a few jokes that made me laugh.

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Definitely Julia Roberts and Ben Ass-fleck.
Jeff Bridges (Can he do anything but be a wuss and whine?)
Jack Nicholson (Great actor but every time I see him on screen I want to punch his lights out. His early stuff is awesome but lately I loathe him. If I were flying first class and he was seated next to me, I'd ask to be moved to the last seat in a packed coach section between to offensive linemen from an NFL team.)
Freddie Prinz Jr
Keanue Reeves (Why has he not been mentioned yet?!)
Tom Cruise (Hmmm...let's see, Top Gun in a jet, Top Gun in a bar, Top Gun as a lawyer, Top Gun in a stock car, Top Gun boy pimp, Top Gun sports agent...:rolleyes:Show some range already!)
Will Smith
Martin Lawrence
The Baldwins
John Travolta
Jay Mohr
Ashton Kuther (Exit stage left Kelso)
Denise Richards
J-Lo
Angelina Jolie
Madonna
Melanie Griffith
Jane Fonda (Thank goodness she gave up acting.)

Bob Saget...I didn't know he was ever even considered an actor much less a comedian. A root canal is ten times more humorous than him. He's just absolutely painful to see or hear.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Yeah, I forgot about Will Smith. I don't know why he annoys me, but he's another one that just looking at his face annoys me.

Ohh... ARSENIO HALL!!! Not funny, never was, and deserved everything he got after making those nasty, backstabbing comments about Jay Leno in that magazine a few years ago. I would occasionally catch his monologues on his show and think, "How the hell did this guy ever get his own show?"

Oh, another one, for me. I can't stand this guy:

BILLY CRYSTAL!!! I would have to say he's maybe my top most annoying actor. He's just so...smarmy or something, so cutie-pie, and I've never thought he was particularly funny. When I heard he wasn't hosting the Oscars anymore, I was like, "Oh, thank God!"

DavidAC

Stunt Coordinator
Halle Berry.

Im glad she wont be doing X3. Actually glad might be an understatment

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
Just like mushrooms, I hated them as a kid and like them now. Go figure.
Yeah, I had that initial impression with Matt Damon as well. I originally thought that Damon and Affleck should have quit being actors and stuck with writing (I still think Assfleck should quit both acting, writing, or anything film related), but after Saving Private Ryan, Rounders, and The Legend of Bagger Vance, I've grown to tolerate Damon. Although, I do still have the occasional thought of "Panty Raid!" and "Where's the beer?" when I see him on the screen....

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
I hate Owen Wilson and his stupid broke nose!!!! Why won't he get that fixed??
LOL, This line was more funny then anything Martin Lawrence ever said,thanks for that,but I like Wilson though.

My personal "unfavourites" are the "deer in the headlights" boys. Tobie Maguire, Jake Gyllenhall,David Schwimmer
Of the chicks,the lesbo duo Ellen Degeneres,Anne Heche
Barbra Streisand of course and Drew Barrymore.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I find Mike Myers' portrayal of Austin Powers to be utterly, completely, loathsomely repulsive, and not remotely funny.

John Watson

Screenwriter
Gee, I feel like I've "come out" and found support and comradeship instead of fear and loathing?

:)

To see Toby MacGuire right away (like Ed Norton and John Cusack, these guys look like they need a punch in the chops to get over their sad-sack presence) and Julia Roberts, made me feel right at home.

"Gere - fewer facial expressions than Duchovny" two birds with one stone. As we used to say, Right On!

Of course - Cruise and Travolta and Costner and Gere, and so many other familiar frauds being accepted as actors has always irritated me.

Trying to be a little original, I've always found Andie McDowell looking "precious" hard to take.

Sometimes its a matter of time, Woody Allen still being whiney and accompanied by young babes after he's been in movies for over 30 years, gets to me now, or maybe I'm just jealous.

Could I say something generic, and say that too many of the actresses are way too skinny nowadays?

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
The only actors that I complete and totally hate and want to stab their eyes out with a dull spoon are Catherine Zeta Jones and Julia Roberts...god do I just hate those two people...especially Jones...god shes just so frickin annoying and ARGH! Rage fills me whenever I just look at her!

Matt_L

Auditioning
Nicole Kidman
Nicholas Cage
Halle Berry
Julia Roberts
Eric Roberts
Giovanni Ribisi
Lucy Liu
Jennifer Lopez
Sigourney Weaver
Ben Affleck
also most of the cast out of the Star wars prequels
Magda Szubanski
Helen Hunt
Demi Moore
Billy Crystal
Tom Hanks ( in anything except bachelor party)
Reece Witherspoon
the Ozbourne family
Sophia Loren
Micheal Douglas
Eric Bana (only because of all those crap tv comedy shows he used to be on here in Australia)
and Russ

oh and did i say Nicole Kidman

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I had that initial impression with Matt Damon as well. I originally thought that Damon and Affleck should have quit being actors and stuck with writing (I still think Assfleck should quit both acting, writing, or anything film related), but after Saving Private Ryan, Rounders, and The Legend of Bagger Vance, I've grown to tolerate Damon.
I came to a realization not too long ago that I have the same problem with Affleck and Damon that I had with Kevin Bacon back in the 80's. I don't think they work very well in leading roles but I find them tolerable and sometimes even good when they do supporting roles. For instance, I think Affleck's pretty good in Dazed and Confused and Shakespeare in Love. Unfortunately, I don't think the world agrees with me and they'll keep turning out to watch these guys try to be leading men. Oh well :)

Regarding other actors that bug me, I'll just say the majority of Hollywood's A-list :)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
There is only one....that I truly cannot stand:

Sean Astin

I just want to bash in his smarmy, self-aggrandizing (watch the docs on the LOTR DVD) face every time I see him.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
MATTHEW LILLARD

(can't believe Freddie Prinze, Jr., got mentioned without his partner in B movie crime).

ALEC BALDWIN

(his turn as Doolittle in Pearl Harbor somehow made an awful movie even worse)

OWEN WILSON

(he acts the same way in every movie and he's not even that great)

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
Nic Cage
John Travolta
Sharon Stone
Martin Lawrence
Sarah Jessica Parker

And Vin Diesel is getting on my nerves. What a stupid name he chose.

Did someone say Tom Hanks? Tough crowd.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Ben Aflack - Everytime I see on screen speaking I cringe. I loved him when he was on "Dinner for five".
Adam Sandler - UHG.
Alec Baldwin
Matthew Lillard - oh brother
Every young actor from "American Pie".

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Cameron Diaz
AMEN!!!

I believe this woman has been packaged to the public as some full blown hottie and she utterly repulses me. I do not think she is attractive, funny, good actress, etc. Dare I say she is the reason why I do not like a great many films she is in. (Gangs of New York).

And that goofy laugh of hers... oh how it annoys me.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
My mother absolutely dispises Nicholas Cage, so much so that it's hilarious.

For me, it's Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks