What's new

What About Hopscotch? (1 Viewer)

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Well I don't see any hint of a date for release...what is normal for them once they make a statement such as this?

I clicked on the link and then there was a BUY link that let you select Amazon and someone else, I clicked Amazon and they just asked me to insert my email and they'll contact me if this ever becomes available...as that would be the driving force to inform the mfg of how much interest is out there for this release...if that's the case, everyone here that is interested should make somehow also indicate that they want it released too...?

G2

Gary W. Graley

Second Unit
Thanks Robert, not familiar with their site and in the side it just said Coming Soon!
But August isn't too far away! So that is good news!
I'm happy...;)
G2

Julie K

Screenwriter
Ooooooooo! What wonderful joyous news!

I can't wait to see it in 2.35:1 after all those years of a crappy taped-from-cable VHS.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The Criterion announcement makes the rights search a moot point I suppose, but I love showing off anyway. ;)
Avco Embassy did release HOPSCOTCH and originally held video rights to the film, as would successors Nelson Entertainment. However, it was a negative pickup from independent producers Edy and Ely Landau, who were also the prime movers behind the American Filmed Theatre project (how about getting some of THOSE on DVD one day, huh?). As such, I think they made a separate deal with Viacom for the TV rights: it bypassed the networks and premiered in syndication as part of Viacom's "TV Net" barter movie series. This is why it pops up with Paramount logos on TV now. I would have to believe that whatever remaining rights the Embassy inheritors held have expired as well with this Criterion announcement. Either that, or with the collapse of StudioCanal's deal with MGM, they were able to make a direct deal with Criterion that would not have been possible before.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Mark,
Are you the movie geek? :) And if that sounds like an insult, you obviously aren't, but it wasn't meant to be an insult. :)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Yes, that would be me. Now quiet, fool, or else everyone will know to find me here and the board will get flooded with teenaged fanboys looking to pick a fight with me. ;)
Meanwhile, are you the George Kaplan? "That is K as in Knight, A as in Aardvark, P as in Pneumonia, L as in Llama, A as in Aardvark again, N as in Newell Post?"
That is not an insult either. That is Nichols and May. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
No. I'm not even as important as the George Kaplan in North By Northwest. :)
My question for you is that Comedy Central has aired nothing but reruns for a long time now. Are there any new shows coming?

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Yeah. I was none too pleased about that either. But new episodes will be airing beginning July 8th. We also have a crossover on WIN BEN STEIN'S MONEY that airs on the 24th of this month. Glad you've stuck with us in spite of the reruns.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
This is the best news ever!!! I LOVE this film. Hummm August is a long way away but alot closer then never :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks