What's new

What about a recast RAMBO film? (1 Viewer)

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
I personally think there's life in this series and I remember reading some years ago about Miramax acquiring sequel rights. Would love to see more films but again Stallone is too old. Would love to see them recast and continue the series! Your thoughts?

bill lopez

Second Unit
You can still use Stallone at 55. Have Rambo fight terrorists in U.S. One final battle in the middle of an earthquake. Rambo vs. Muslium terrorists. Make it look biblical final battle in L.A. And just when Rambo looks beaten he gets help from L.A. street gangs and they all become American heros!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
John Rambo is put in a nursing home. There he is subjected to ridicule and punishment because of his lack of bowel control. During a routine humiliation of spoon feeding him applesauce, the orderly hits him on the head with the spoon. Rambo then falls back on his special forces training and exacts revenge on the staff and stake a claim for the plight of the elderly in our oppressive society.
They could call in Richard Crenna to try and calm him down, where he can cry "They drew first blood. Do you have any diapers?"

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I'm not sure that anything different could be done that what we have seen in the first three movies. If there is money to be made, be assured that another film would be made.
Even though Stallone is 55, he is still in tremendous shape. Not too many people saw Get Carter but if you did, there is proof of how good a shape he is in. If he were to reprise "Rambo" he could pull it off, however with his recent string of bombs (pun intended) it would be too risky having him do it. Moreover, action movies just aren't "in" right now.
You never can tell, though.
------------------
As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace
AIM: Aureus91 / DVDs / ICQ: 58566493

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'd see it. In fact, there were news recently about a 4th Rambo film, it was supposed to deal with terrorists in the US.
/Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks