What's new

What a Plonker (1 Viewer)

Tonyfitz

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Hi Everyone.

Please bear with me here, I am new to the forum.

After saving my hard earned cash for what seems for ever and a day, I decided to buy an LG Oled 55 inch curved TV.

I carried on putting the pennies in the Jar and told my wife porkies by saying 'This TV needs better sound and for £500 Quid, I want to buy an AV amp and speakers'.

I then bought a Denon AV amp and Dali 5.1 speakers, (no where near £500 quid but my wife will never know, but I knew the cost).

in my excitement to set it all up, I fumbled like a buffoon with my tongue sticking out trying to get the thick un-flexible QED performance HDMI into the ARC input on the TV,in the not too easy place to stick it.

Now here's where I blush and could (have) kicked myself............................I've broken the ARC input and its now sits inside the TV all loose.

My household insurance want a £250 excess if I decide to get the TV repaired. I didn't do the obvious thing and Lie, it is what it is and I've emailed LG asking for a Price to repair.

My question is this.

The TV has three other HDMI inputs (not ARC), plus optical digital output & IN/Out (RGB) AV1

I have Sky TV, a DVD player and Streaming media box.

How can I set the system up so that I can watch a DVD/Sky/Streaming using the AV system, and what does not having the ARC actually mean

The Denon AVRX2200W AV amp has inputs for all the above and others.

Can anyone help

And yes I AM A CLOWN !!!

Thanks

Tony

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Welcome Tony. Sorry to hear about your troubles. The only thing you are not going to get with ARC is anything on the TV's built in apps. Just plug your components in to the inputs on the AVR and output HDMI to the TV and you are good to go. Your TV's Apps will play in stereo on the built in speakers until you get that ARC fixed. Good luck!

Tonyfitz

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Welcome Tony. Sorry to hear about your troubles. The only thing you are not going to get with ARC is anything on the TV's built in apps. Just plug your components in to the inputs on the AVR and output HDMI to the TV and you are good to go. Your TV's Apps will play in stereo on the built in speakers until you get that ARC fixed. Good luck!

Tonyfitz

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony
Hi Sam

Entirely my own fault.

The only thing I would say to anyone buying the LG Oled TV is the design of the ARC input position could be better. If it was in the position the same as the HDMI Inputs there wouldn't of been a problem.

The QED performance HDMI cable is not very flexible and actually inserting into the ARC slot due to the position is not the easiest. I have since ordered the flexi HDMI Lead.

I'd advise that to everyone considering buying the LG Oled.

I'm just hoping the cost of the repair isn't extortionate.

Thanks for your reply.

Tony

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
If you have an HDMI input that is working from your receiver - I would just leave it alone ... not worth fixing just for ARC....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks