What's new

What 20th Century Fox catalog comedy movies do you want on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Bert Greene

Screenwriter
Okay, I'll throw out the most unlikeliest of Fox comedy options, but still something I'd love to see. How about a collection of the "JONES FAMILY" movie series (1936-40), with Spring Byington and Jed Prouty? Nice little domestic comedies, in the vein of Columbia's "Blondie" films and Paramount's "Henry Aldrich" films. Those movies (15 or more in all) have seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth. I'm only aware of them through a few scattered videotape bootlegs. They haven't been aired on television for decades and decades (I think they were once part of some NTA package of Fox B's, circulating on tv mostly in the late-50s and early-60s).

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Robin Hood Men In Tights

This is the ONLY catalog title that I am waiting for. After all this time we better get a nice special edition. Otherwise a bare bones release should have been put out a while ago.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
Moving Violations

Not sure if Fox still has the rights to this one, but I've always thought this one was a lot of fun.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Two For The Road

Silent Movie

W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings

Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother

High Anxiety

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
I just thought of one... How about an anamorphic / 5.1 reissue of Slums of Beverly Hills?

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Move Over, Darling (w/the reconstructed version of Marilyn Monroe's "Something's Got To Give"), Two For The Road, Silver Streak, What A Way To Go!, Way, Way, Out, and Beyond The Valley of the Dolls.

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
License to Drive (haven't seen this movie in yrs.)
Dutch
Silent Movie
High Anxiety
Mischief
Chase (Charlie Sheen)

Basically, My #1 wish is to see Silent Movie & High Anxiety on DVD in OAR since I am a Mel Brooks fan.

The Chase starring Charlie Sheen & Kristy Swanson is one movie which i would defintely love to see on DVD in OAR. I have liked this movie since I saw it on Comedy Central during the 1990's but I haven't seen it in years.

I want Dutch on DVD in OAR. I watched this movie everytime in was on Comedy Central during the 1990's but I haven't seen it in years.

Darrell Bratz

Stunt Coordinator
Bedazzled
Reuben, Reuben (an Oscar-nominated lead performance by Tom Conti)
Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?
The Girl Can't Help It
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (widely assumed to have
been licensed to Criterion but seemingly held up)

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
"MOVE OVER DARLING"
"THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT"
"WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER"

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Amen. And worse yet, last time I remember hearing Mr. Staddon mention the possibility of Silver Streak making it to stores, it was as part of a (if memory serves) "budget comedy series." :frowning:

Pretty shabby treatment for one of the top ten grossing films of that year and one of the biggest grossing comedies of the 1970s.

Miguel M Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Miguel M Santos
I'm guess there's hardy any hope but how about George Cukor's THE MODEL AND THE MARRIAGE BROKER. I just saw the film and it was great. Maybe as part of a classic comedy pack?

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
"Silver Streak" hits DVD on December 14th, and it will be a catalog release with the film in widescreen and just the trailer.

I'd love to see:

High Anxiety
Silent Movie
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
re-release of History of the World, Part 1, even though the non-anamorphic version still looks good even to this day, I want some extras.
Nuns on the Run
The Chase
Only The Lonely
Fatso (not exactly a comedy, but close enough)
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (Criterion will release it sometime in 2005, and this comes straight from Roger Ebert)

John*P

Second Unit
In case some of you might have missed the announcement, License to Drive is apparently being released on DVD next year by Anchor Bay...

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings

The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother

The World's Greatest Lover

The Duchess & the Dirtwater Fox

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks