What's new

Wham! SACD Impressions (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Sheesh, this has been out 4 years and I've never known. Although I rather wish it was Wham!'s final release out on SACD, the one that was in effect a pseudo best-of compilation as well. Can't remember what it was called, "The Final" or something similar? It had a mostly white cover, their name in black outline lettering, and a sort-of rainbow colour effect running down the right margin. Now that I type these words, I wonder if using a rainbow had an additional insinuation -- George hadn't come out yet at the time.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
ha-yes that is indeed called "The Final." It's available on import from amazon.com and it is remastered and is a Gold CD which all audiophiles know means superior quality because it's gold (sarcasm). I have it and it's quite enjoyable. I normally listen to Last Christmas on lonely nights in the bath tub...er.....yeah.......you know.......as a christmas song.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Don't think my copy was a gold CD, but then again it could have been a local pressing. Haven't listened to it in quite a while, guess I should go dig it up; need to rip it for my iPod too.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again, Edward!

I clicked on the link to the gold CD of "The Final" and it resemble a gold CD of Celine Dion that I saw last weekend at a local Tower Records. From Germany, as I recall.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
Let me know when you get your copy of "Make It Big" as I think I will be waiting a little bit for mine. I had three CDs on order and unfortunately it - seems - that hmv.co.jp doesn't stock much. I have the SACD Make It Big which ready, along with my Cybill Shepherd Vanilla album ( :b ) and a John Foxx album which is taking forever. arghhhh hurry up!!!

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
along with my Cybill Shepherd Vanilla album
Sorry for being off-topic....Wow! Makes me want to listen to my Tina Louise "It's Time For Tina" CD :b ....
tinalouise_cd.jpg

Wham! SACD is in transit already and I will post some comments once I get a chance to listen to it.

Edward Schatz

Second Unit
Oh I am unfamiliar with that one. I will have to check that out. I have a penchant for celebrity albums. I have several Alyssa Milano albums, Cybill Shepherd, Bruce Willis (definitely the best), Jack Wagner (actually he bests Bruce) and so forth. I highly recommend "Mad About The Boy" on the Japanese import 24-bit remaster. If you have the cash the Jack Wagner albums are damn enjoyable too......heh

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks