What's new

West WIng...Region 2 or Region 4? (1 Viewer)

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
I recently got my daewoo 5700 working, and would like to get the west wing on dvd. I noticed that it is available in both Great Britain Reg. 2 and Austraila Reg 4. Anyone have these discs or know if one version is any better than the other? Thanks in advance.

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
Why, is that just because dvds are generally cheaper in Austraila than in GB? I think the complete first season is out in R2, but I thought I read only the first half was out in R4? Sounds like I need to do some investigating...I have some R2 sites bookmarked, does anyone know of any reliable R4 websites? Thanks in advance.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
www.ezydvd.com.au
A lot of it has to do with the fact that the exchange rate between the US and Austrailia comes up VERY MUCH on our side :) Last I checked, it was about $.55US/1$Australian

Patrick_M

Stunt Coordinator
Cool. I did not consider the exchange rate. Thanks for the link, I will check it out. Being a West Wing addict, I have a feeling I will be ordering them very soon. :D

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Just some general info:
if you're interested in R4 discs, be sure to bookmark Michael D's Region 4 Info Page. Not only do they have a review of almost any disc out there, but their site acts also as a database for R4 review sites. Click "buy" on the tool bar for a list of all major R4 mail order companies (though everything I order is from the already mentioned Ezy Dvd or Devoted Dvd).

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I think the R2 is available in half-season boxes, ie the first season is split up into two boxes.

Oops, there are both options in R2 apparently - half of the first season, which has been out some time now, the follow-up half to that coming out 22/7 and the complete season 1 box, also 22/7 according to play.com

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I couldn't wait and already have the first-half of Season 1 from R2.

one annoying thing I've noticed, don't know if anyone else out there has the same problem, is that the menus often "pixellate" after you've "gone into" the disc. e.g. when it's first fired up, the meny is fine, but play an episode, once it ends and the menu is displayed again, this time around the menu is heavily pixellated.

a bit annoying, but not a critical problem since it doesn't affect the episodes themselves. anyone else?

EmilieB

Grip
Hi!

I just bought in Paris the Region 2 DVD of 'The West Wing'. It was an import from the UK. So it's the first half of the 1st season (episode 1 to 11).
On the jacket it said that it was in English with English and French subtitles. But when I played the discs it doesn't mention the French subtitles on the menu. I wonder if it's the same for the one of you who got the DVD or is it a bug? Or maybe a mistake? Thanks a lot for helping me out.
I'm a bit diappointed because my sister really wanted to see the show and the French subtitles would have helped a lot!

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Patrick, if you haven't already done this: Try to acces the subtitles right after the start of an episode, with the 'subtitle button' on you remote control.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
For those on a budget, there is an official Hong Kong VCD release of West Wing. Runs about $30 for the whole first season

Same goes for Futurama

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks