What's new

We're not supposed to talk about it, but... (1 Viewer)

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Mr. Prior,

With all things Fincher being popular topics here, I can't help but ask about 'Fight Club' on BD. Has there been any movement toward bringing us a hi-def equivalent of your wonderful SD SE?

David Prior

Insider
Funny you should ask ...

There is indeed interest. I know the studio wants to do it, but Fincher and I both have been so busy on Benjamin Button that I haven't had the time to really think about it. It's a little tricky; obviously more than just a straight port of the SD is in order, but nothing we've thought of so far seems appropriate. The usual retrospective "look back" would be a bit off the mark, you know? It was as complete as I could make it back then, and with the exception of a Dust Brothers commentary (hardly a 'killer app') I'm at a bit of a loss.

(Irony of ironies, as I type this "Where is My Mind" just randomly popped up on my iPhone).

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

Mr. Prior,

It's good to hear that interest has been expressed in bringing 'Fight Club' to BD.

The wonderful SD SE set a high mark for others to attain, and very few have. Having the existing package ported over would be fine with me, and probably just about everybody else. The current package is still heads and shoulders above most. Something along the lines of retrospective content would be welcome but hardly necessary, especially if a long delay would be incurred. I feel certain that 'Fight Club' on BD would be an essential title for a vast number of movie lovers.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor

One thing just occurred to me, though after more consideration it might prove to be absurd. No doubt, the concept would be expensive and the scheduling difficult. You would need time and cooperation from Pitt, Norton, and Palahniuk.

'Tyler Durden, Today': These years later, what would he look like? How would he dress? Where would he live? How would his world-view have evolved? Would he have sold out and conformed? Would Fight Club still exist, and in what form?

The imagination can run wild about an older Tyler Durden, gone soft, or crazier than ever.

That's all.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
i wonder what master for a possible br release would be used...

a brand new one with cleaned elements or the one that was used for d-theater release? i have seen the d=theater release and it was big step up over the region 1 dvd which a huge problem with ee.

so video quality should be #1 priority over extras ;)

Greg Mariotti

Stunt Coordinator
Fox is releasing Fight Club on BD this December in Germany. Have they approached you about a U.S. release?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Just having the movie in HD would be fine with me. A basic port of the existing "special edition" DVD would be awesome and a must-purchase, as far as I'm concerned.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
The perfect extra for the Fight Club BD would be a Tyler Durden rant about how the movie studios exploit consumers by selling and re-selling them the exact same movie on format after format after format and how we are all slaves to the consumerist mindset in which the studios have us trapped. Then use a Project Mayhem-inspired transfer that looks like an 8th generation VHS bootleg and splice in lots of individual frames of family films. That would be in keeping with the spirit of Fight Club.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Mr. Prior,

It has been announced that 'Fight Club' will have a November 17 release date on BD. So far there aren't any specs available. Can you shed any light on what we can expect?

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
Specs here

I hope the transfer is not as changed a Se7en was I for one loved the Silver prints, but I hope that Fincher only will change for the better and that this is not the same master seen in Europe

• New HD Master Supervised Step-by-Step by Director David Fincher
  • A Hit in The Ear: Ren Klyce and the Sound Design of Fight Club: Welcome To Fight Club; Angel Faces Beating; The Crash; Tyler’s Goodbye
  • Flogging Fight Club
  • Insomniac Mode: I Am Jack’s Search Index, Commentary Log, Topic Search
  • Guys Choice Award
  • Work: Production, Visual Effects, On Location
  • Edward Norton Interview
  • Commentary by David Fincher
  • Commentary by David Fincher, Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter
  • Commentary by Chuck Palahniuk and Jim Uhls
  • Commentary by Alex McDowell, Jeff Cronenweth, Michael Kaplan and Kevin Haug
  • Seven Deleted Scenes and Alternate Scenes
  • Theatrical Teaser, Theatrical Trailer, The Eight Rules of Fight Club
  • 12 TV Spots
  • Public Service Announcements
  • Music Video
  • Five Internet Spots
  • Promotional Gallery
  • Art Gallery

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks