What's new

We're Back! (mostly) (2 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Great job working this all out!Will there be a way to edit pre-move posts? Or are those all set in stone now?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam:

Something to consider down-the-road would be to investigate whether we would be able to reinstate the small number on the icon which tells us there are unread posts in the content we follow. The number used to signify how many unread posts there were in that particular thread.

I didn't realize how much I would miss that little feature.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Agree, it's a very useful feature -- which I was always using -- especially valuable when you've got a lot of threads to catch up on and need to prioritize.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Whose job is it to update the Weekly Roundup link in the "Deals" drop down at the top of the page? It's still pointing to the WRU from 4/2.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Malcolm R said:
Whose job is it to update the Weekly Roundup link in the "Deals" drop down at the top of the page? It's still pointing to the WRU from 4/2.
Dave Upton said:
Without throwing my esteemed colleague under the bus, it's Adam's fault :D
I asked if I could do it. Adam mumbled something about "job security..."

:laugh:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
When I view HTF on my iPhone, I don't see how to jump to a specific page within a thread. I also don't see any indication of which thread number I'm looking at.

Are there improvements for the mobile version still in progress? Or do I need to change some setting? Or are these features that are on the Desktop version not going to make it to the mobile version.

David

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
TonyD said:
The edit box for posts is rather small when using iPad.
(You're not going to like this answer, heh, heh.)

That's why I just bought. an MS Surface Pro with Windows 8 on it.

My wife and came back yesterday from a visit to the US for a longer trip. And while in San Diego, we shopped in the big mall where they had a rather new (I believe) Microsoft store opened recently. Because the Surface Pro still isn't available in Europe, I couldn't help it and just bought one. Used it during the trip. My first impressions: pretty nice and I can post here without any problem (we don't have otherwise. :) )

Cees

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
We're going to have a branded HTF app in the app store very soon. Stay tuned. Sent from my Android phone on the HTF App!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
There have been a couple of times today when HTF seems to have dropped completely off the internet. A while ago there was something like a 20-minute period when I couldn't get any page to load, and oddly, I was getting no 404s or time-out messages, just the eternally spinning browser thingy.

Might be something on my end or along the path, so just an FYI.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I noticed when i was reading the Star Trek Trivia thread, it was showing post dates of March 10th 2008. I know that thread has posts almost every day/week. When i came to this thread, i do not see that issue. Just wondering what was going on...if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks