What's new

We're Back! (mostly) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My impression is also this change is going over much better than 2009, and that's with a lot of features yet to be implemented. That says a lot about the importance of usability.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My impression is also this change is going over much better than 2009
Thank you for saying that. Means so much.

2009 was disastrous. This is definitely small potatoes compared to that.
Thanks again for everyone's patience. Day by day we are working on
any outstanding issues.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Just a quick note to publically say "Congratulations" and a sincere "Thank You" to the HTF crew. To echo what others have said, I love the new design and agree that this has a much better feel than the last conversion.

In my opinion, HTF is the best place to hang out on the 'net because of the knowledgeable members and civil discourse that takes place here. None of this would be possible without the efforts of the owners and moderators so let's all give them a collective virtual round of applause (I'm sure my friend Mr. Willis has a smilie for the occasion :) )

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Steve...O said:
Just a quick note to publically say "Congratulations" and a sincere "Thank You" to the HTF crew. To echo what others have said, I love the new design and agree that this has a much better feel than the last conversion.

In my opinion, HTF is the best place to hang out on the 'net because of the knowledgeable members and civil discourse that takes place here. None of this would be possible without the efforts of the owners and moderators so let's all give them a collective virtual round of applause (I'm sure my friend Mr. Willis has a smilie for the occasion :) )
amb491.jpg
nd31ci.jpg
rh7bci.jpg
iw4vu1.jpg

2h7lzeq.jpg
I've missed the last few E.A. meetings (Emoticons Anonymous). Trained counselors are standing by.

Steve, I agree, they do a great job here. I've received a huge amount of helpful info here since joining this forum and have made friends here as well.

It's tough to top the HTF party
xvsdl.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
RickER said:
Did Mike do a Round-up this week, cause i cant find it?
He mentioned in an earlier post that he wasn't sure of the ETA for this week's RoundUp as he deals with some formatting issues.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
RoundUp was posted this morning. Look for it "pinned" on the top of the deals area. Mikes still tweaking the layout as he learns yet another new editor

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Honestly, I haven't posted very often since the last forum refresh. I never much cared for that change. However I will say I have very much missed the forum over the last week. I suppose I didn't realize how often I still checked it for updates. Glad to have it back and look forward to checking out the new software! Congrats on the update!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Maybe this will be cured eventually...or it could be just me...or covered elsewhere. As much as the forum has been here, then gone, then here some more...

Anyway...the issue.

The "Recent Topics"

I click on some of those and I get a "not allowed to see it" and the website flakes out. I can't even backpage. I have to x-out the browser, then re-enter HTF...

Normal, or???

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
schan1269 said:
Maybe this will be cured eventually...or it could be just me...or covered elsewhere. As much as the forum has been here, then gone, then here some more...

Anyway...the issue.

The "Recent Topics"

I click on some of those and I get a "not allowed to see it" and the website flakes out. I can't even backpage. I have to x-out the browser, then re-enter HTF...

Normal, or???
A temporary issue. The widget shows all Topics (threads) started and doesn't take into account your permissions. So for instance I am doing some review post testing in a private forum and they are showing there. You should probably get an error stating you don't have permission. The fix is on the way. We will be loading a new version of the module that will take permissions into account and looks a little flashier too. Its already on the main forum page, we just need to move it to the thead pages. You can preview it on the upper right of the main forum index page: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I noticed all my photos on various older threads have disappeared.

When I tried to change my avatar it rejected the new image owing to size.

Is this why the old photos have disappeared and is this new set-up now restricting the size?

Doug.

Fritz Nilsen

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Fritz Nilsen
Hi again, and sorry for all your troubles.

A lot, but not all, of my old images aren't showing, both ones linked externally and ones uploaded to the HTF.

That's why I enquired about the missing "edit" button, so I could go in and update the links myself.

I frankly think the moratorium on the Edit function is misguided, and an infringement on my ownership of material, written or pictured, that I choose to upload here. As well as making it impossible to assist you in maintenance in instances like this.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Fritz Nilsen said:
Hi again, and sorry for all your troubles.

A lot, but not all, of my old images aren't showing, both ones linked externally and ones uploaded to the HTF.

That's why I enquired about the missing "edit" button, so I could go in and update the links myself.

I frankly think the moratorium on the Edit function is misguided, and an infringement on my ownership of material, written or pictured, that I choose to upload here. As well as making it impossible to assist you in maintenance in instances like this.
We are still working on images, we have a lot loaded but are working to see if its possible to import more. The edit issue is something that was changed several months ago and was just carried forward.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Doug Bull said:
I noticed all my photos on various older threads have disappeared.

When I tried to change my avatar it rejected the new image owing to size.

Is this why the old photos have disappeared and is this new set-up now restricting the size?

Doug.
Photos haven't all been restored/migrated yet, it has nothing to do with sizes or limits. How big is the avatar you are trying to use? There are some common sense limits on avatars. Since they are around the size of an inch there is no need to use a full resolution 5MB picture for example. We allow a 150x150pix image. It has more to do with getting the page to load quickly for people viewing the thread. You can resize your image using paint if you have a windows PC.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Honestly, I haven't posted very often since the last forum refresh. I never much cared for that change.
We are hoping members that were driven away by the changes that were made in 2009 will return. It feels like old times here again!

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
Definitely! Now -- how do those old members find out that the forum has changed for the better?

P.S. - How do I get rid of that "0 Warning Points"?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks