What's new

Well I plunked the money down at got the Highlander: Immortal Ediiton (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
It was great to watch the film again. The villain is exceptional.
Yes Clancy Brown is his name and he is great! Love the voice he uses.

Other films of note for him include Starship Troopers and Shawshank Redemption.

Eric Taylor

Agent
I just picked this one up at Kmart for the low price of $9.99 for the Immortal Version. I think they messed up and put both versions in their systems together. Hey there mistake is my gain!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Just got it and I have to agree with the DVDFile.com review. VERY inconsistent... Some shots are STUNNING. Some look almost as bad as the original dvd. Weird blue EE haloing here and there...
Overall, decent but could have been better. Audio is good, and Extras are cool!
:) D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
DVDFile doesn't realize how bad shape the original elements are in. Anchor Bay's transfer is probably as good as it's going to get on DVD

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I agree, but if you look at some of the blue halos, that is not something from the Film. Definitely some odd video, EE artifact.
:) D

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
What about the extras? Because, judging from the reviews, they seemed a bit meager when compared to the old Republican edition, that had a LOT of very interesting text pages with early drafts and annotations, not to mention the script and some stills from a couple of deleted scenes they shot but that now are lost forever.

Mike_S

Stunt Coordinator
After a little (o.k. a lot of) debate, I bought the (non S.E.) of Highlander. The difference in price is substantial ($35 Canadian for the Immortal Edition and $15 for the 'standard' edition) The Immortal Edition should have been FAR more loaded with extra content beyond the 3 Queen videos. The metal slipcase is most impressive but in the end I reasoned that I had a number of extras I could watch from the S.E. LD of Highlander. The Director's commentary appears to be the same on the DVD as it is on the LD. In addition, the L.D. seems to have much more extra content that the DVD Immortal Edition. I confess that I've not viewed these contents for some time so I can't vouch for for how extensive they are. If I have time, I may view them this evening. I'm not too crazy for the cover art of the non S.E. of Highlander. I DO like the inside card with the chapter stops on one side and the reproduction of what appears to be a theatrical poster on the other side. I'm going to have that little poster art 'blown up' slightly on a good color copier and use it as the DVD cover art. As far as the quality of the image goes, it certainly is better than the LD mainly due to the fact that the print is anamorphic. I'm not sure if previous DVD's of this film were anamorphic. I'll have to compare the sound mix of the new DVD to the LD S.E. At first listen I might prefer the 5.1 or AC3 mix of the LD over the DVD version. To sum up, I'm glad they finally gave one of my favorite movies a quality presentation. -Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks