What's new

Well, I bought a new tv. (1 Viewer)

Eric Nordstrom

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Nordstrom
I have a Mits. 52' dlp. It has worked perfict-no probs. at all.( 1st. lamp last yr.)But anyway I went to the local AV-Hi-Fi shop to buy some cables to hook up the 5.1 anolog on the blu-ray player, and well I started looking at flat screens. Came home with a Sony KDL55EX720 3D(don't like 3d but it's there) He gave me the 3d kit from sony- two pair glasses,emitter,HDMI cable and 3d movie. Got my cables for free, and a 40.00 camera bag. Oh yea, bought the Sony BDP-S470 Player-had to to get the 3d kit., I prob. wount even open the box. Ill just sell it. So far it's a great tv,. It's so clear. Even os SD. programs. I do wish it was more "film like" I feel like I got a good deal, so I went for it.. I'm going to sell my Mits. to a freind for $400.00 I hope thats not to high. Sorry on pics. Just thought I would share. Thanks,Eric

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
awesome!! Enjoy. Try to open up the Mits and clean the mirrors and lense. It will make a world of difference.

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
Enjoy that new TV! I bought the Sony kdl55ex710 back in November, basically the same TV w/o 3D. It has been really good.

Eric Nordstrom

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Nordstrom
Everything I watch on this tv looks SO SMOOTH! Dare I say ,Too smooth. Even SD looks very very good! Last night I watched the first half hour of The Thing-You know from 1982-It looked lick a blu-ray. I just can't get it,. I'm sure I'll get use to it . Don't see myself doing 3d. So maybe I sould sell the Sony 3d player, and the 3d glasses I have. Well I'm going to go and hook up the 5.1 multich. on the blu-ray. And install the legs on the tv stand. Thanks,Eric

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It sounds like the frame interpolation circuitry is on, from what you are describing . Check the menu and see if Motionflow is active. If it is on, try turning it off and see if that causes some of the "smoothness" to go away. You have the glasses and the player, so I would at least try the 3D first. You can still sell the stuff if you find that you really don't like it.

Eric Nordstrom

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric Nordstrom
I'm still playing around with the settings for this display. I'm starting to like it more and more.I did go into the advanced settings and turn off all that stuff-or fluff! On the flip side all the adjustments are good (I think) I also found a "owners thread" on AVS . Most like or love this disply in 2d, 3d not so many-But everyone does not "see" the same. It's been really hot here in Oklahoma. I got my first round of bad recepition on Friday. It didn't last very long-The sun went down! Hope everyone has a good week! Eric

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks