What's new

Well here it is! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Ummm...yeah I'd say hottie is a good term!:) Thankfully you're not as dorky as in that pic! Loosing the weight has definitely help you out in that regard! ;)

Other than some wedding photos I don't have anything I can post of Kay. Actually, I don't have anything that's digital so I'd have to take some new ones or get out the scanner. Maybe I should get some pics of her abs! :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Hey, at least you look like you have shoulders now! :) I've not been very happy with many of my photos since I hit the 200lbs. mark. And Kay gets washed out from flashes very easily due to her china doll skin. But hey, she shouldn't have to worry much about skin cancer.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Remind me not to piss off Ronnie's old lady!:)

OK, back to our regularly scheduled subwoofer thread.

Geno

Supporting Actor
Ronnie, were you planning on doing any inlay on the top surface? that might break up the top and distract from the stained surface. [i prefer the natural look too].

Hey if your wife is as good with guns as you say, then you might just have to obey the SWMBO :)

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Ronnie: Lose the beach picture, keep the second picture - you look like two different guys;)
Brian: Yes, your wife is a keeper. I still haven't received any correspondence from her twin sister. You did promise, didn't you, as you were asking for my Danish oil finishing procedure?

Alright, you guys straighten up and get back to talkin' subs!

Chris Keen

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I just got back from San Antonio, and I had missed out on this thread.

Ronnie, that's a great looking subwoofer. I can see why you wanted to keep it done in maple. I think finishing it lighter would have allowed you to keep the "dimensionality" of the offsets from the bordering maple hardwood to the veneer. With the darker staining, it probably loses some of that. I just finished a project (TV stand) using some Behlen Med Brown Walnut dye over Birch. This was the first time I'd used dyes, and they definitely get deeper with successive coats. Even stained, it does look great!

As for your wife. She's beautiful. She has incredible eyes. You should cherrish her. She looks like a really sweet lady. She's also VERY classy looking. I have a 'thing' for noticing the best and worst characteristics in ladies. I can tell you that even when you two grow older and you're about 60, she'll still be a very classy and attractive looking lady. And BTW, I wouldn't classify you as a fat kid, maybe a little chubby, but not fat.

As to the shooting -- Tell your wife that if that wasn't just a "posed" picture, that she should get the webbing of hand (between the thumb and index finger) higher up on the backstrap of that gun. This will put her closer to the fulcrum point and give her better control, especially in successive shots.

Thumbs up buddy! All around!

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Hey Chris, you've surfaced! Have you done any speaker projects lately? Your comments about noticing the best and worst in women is interesting. I also tend to read a lot into personalities/characters by just the "look" of the face/eyes. Oops, back to topic...

Chris Keen

Stunt Coordinator
It's all in the details.

Nope, haven't done any speaker stuff lately. I'm actually looking to do some speakers for my parents. I'd also like to do some for a friend of mine.

I want to make some floor standers, a center, and some smaller surrounds for the parents.

For the friend, it'll probably be some smaller satellite types. Probably via some TB drivers and a sub combo. His place isn't really big enough for too much else.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Chris, I just veneered a pair of GR A/V-3's in gorgeous rosewood. I applied a light coat of oil Saturday for a pro photo shoot Sunday. You're welcome to come over a have a look. I also have some of my Bozebusters you can listen to for help in planning your friend's project.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks