What's new

Weird question: which show is better, south park or boy meets world? (1 Viewer)

Jason Dixon

Agent
My friend and I were having an argument on the subjet, and so we've decided to ask you guys what your thoughts are. please state which show is better and please give a reason for why you think that.

which is better, south park, or boy meets world?

thanks.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well, you're talking about two TOTALLY different shows. One of them is family-oriented, and the other is..........not. I'm pretty sure each show has their own fanbase. BMW is good if you enjoy squeaky clean family comedy. South Park is intended for a mature audience. In other words, family values are non-existent. I never was a fan of "Boy Meets World". I enjoyed the TGIF line-up back when 'Full House', 'Family Matters' and 'Perfect Strangers' were on every Friday night.

'South Park' on the other hand I do happen to enjoy. The writing is hilarious and seems to get better with each season.

If you want my honest opinion, trying to compare these two shows is pretty unrealistic. If you were trying to compare, say, 'South Park' and 'Family Guy', then I'm sure that'd be an issue up for debate. Otherwise, this is simply a case of day vs. night.

Brody Bergen

Auditioning
Hey, i'm the guy who was debating with Jason, i enjoy south park because of it's sense of humor and it's great way of telling a story, i don't like the show boy meets world because they all seem to have the same message "i'm trailer trash" or "ohh no, she doesn't like me anymore" and i've never actually found any of the jokes funny, although as in south park, the jokes are humorous and find something funnier about an episode everytime i watch it, post your opinion on what show you prefer and why

Jason Dixon

Agent
i'm in favour of boy meets world. it relates to me, and it's really funny to me. so everybody, please post!! we wan't lots of feed back.

Josh_C

Auditioning
I like shows like Family Guy and the Simpsons, but I could never get into South Park. I did used to watch Boy Meets World a lot though.

Jason Dixon

Agent
finally someone agrees with me. i feel exactly the same way about south park. i can't really get into it. it's funny at times, but i perfer boy meets world over south park. actually i have the first 2 seasons of bmw on dvd.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
Boy Meets World is better. I love quality animation, so obviously South Park does not qualify.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Southpark is better. Obviously this is going to be a matter of opinion so really the result of this thread will depend on who all checks in. I find that I have a very raw and cynical sense of humor AND I like animation. SP, Futurama, Drawn Together, Family Guy are some of my all-time favorite shows. All of them are better than BMW. Its too campy and I dont relate to the "stage of life" that the show covers.

Cory B

Grip
Definitely South Park for me. But I can't really stomach family sitcoms (or most sitcoms in general). South Park and Arrested Development are probably the closest I've come to watching a sitcom in years, so I might not be the most objective... :)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Like Cory I cant stand sitcoms unless its Seinfeld or That 70s Show. I do like raw or dry humor so Ill vote South Park.

In reality though its what you guys prefer. Neither is better than the other.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Boy Meets World can't stand South Park

but it all comes down to a matter of personal preference, we can't choose for you, you know what kind of shows you like, not us :)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Again, two totally different shows, but give me Fred Savage and "The Wonders Years" over Ben Savage and his "Boy Meets World" any day and I'll take "Family Guy"/"Futurama"/"The Simpsons" all before "South Park". In short, neither one impresses me much, but I can recall laughing a lot at certain episodes of "South ParK" while I've only ever been compelled to change the channel immediately when I see a "Boy Meets World" re-run on TV. What the hell kind of name is Topanga?

John McM

Second Unit
South Park all the way!!

didn't like BMW then, still don't like it now. The majority of BMW fans I encounter on message boards are under 16, SP fans go well into their 60's, my dad is 69 and even he finds SP amusing at times.

I just don't like seeing "South Park sucks because the animation isn't as good as The Simpsons". The Simpsons is a GREAT show, but South Park is about the humor, not the quality of the animation.

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela

Ummm yeah I do actually, I could ask the same thing about South Park.

I'm 30 and have been a BMW fan since it debuted, but can't stand South Park, I like shows that have some kind of redeeming quality to them :wink: :p)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

For a completely obscure, inside joke reason, this response made me laugh so hard i nearly peed in my pants. it would be impossible to explain (it involves NPR's ira glass and an ill fated interview with alan alda), guess you'd have to be there-- but even though you had no idea, paul you made my day.

lol

redeeming qualities.

so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks