What's new

Weird Al Yankovic NEW song "You're Pitiful" (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I did a search and didn't see anything.

Weird Al Yankovic has a new CD coming out on Sept 26th, called "Straight Outta Lynwood"
And one of his songs called "You're Pitiful" making fun of Blunt's "You're Beautiful" was suppose to be on that CD. Well, at the last minute he was told he doesn't have permission to release it on the CD.

So Weird Al is now making it availible to all his fans on his website to download and listen to for free.

just visit www.weirdal.com or visit his own Myspace at listen to it right there
www.myspace.com/weirdal

Brad M

Second Unit
Thanks so much for posting this. I got to meet Al after a show on his last tour. He's a cool guy. I'm glad to see he has a new cd to pick up this year.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
This album is supposed to be issued on DualDisc :frowning: and include a surround track. :emoji_thumbsup:

Wow, Weird Al + a surround mixing console = ?????? This could be very interesting!

*~MelissaRogers~*

Auditioning
Real Name
Melissa
I'm psyched about this cd..but it's upsetting that You're Pitiful isn't going to be on the album. I hate You're Beautiful, but I love that Al noticed that it sounds like Blunt messed up at the beginning of the song..my friends thought I was crazy for thinking he sounded like he screwed up.. then again...maybe I am crazy if I think the same as Mr. Yankovic :laugh:

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I hope so!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
"Don't Download this Song" song was great!

I thought the video wass just okay.

also enjoying the Weird Al show!!

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
On his myspace page, "Don't Download This Song" is the only song that he has loaded with "Download" as an option. :) ha ha ha.

That song "You're Pitiful" is hilarious. Wierd Al is brilliant, a musical genius with amazing vocal talent to go with his wit and songwriting abilities. Spike Jones for our generation.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I also thought it was funny that James Blunt gave his ok on the spoof "You're Pitiful", but the record company was the killjoy that stopped it from being released on CD.

Talk about pitiful....;)

ScottLloyd

Stunt Coordinator
bump

Anyone picked it up yet?

Some people are reporting that it's ringing up for $9.99 at Circuit City.

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
I think "White & Nerdy" has become a generation of geeks new anthem. I love the song, it's a perfect parody.

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator

The video is even better than just the song. (It's all over on the web-- google video, YouTube, Al's Myspace page...) And to tie the video for W & N back to the thread title, look closely when he's "editing Wikipedia" by typing "YOU SUCK" in very large font-- it's the "Atlantic Records" entry (who was the cause of all of the "You're Pitiful" trouble).

And you gotta love Donny Osmond gettin' nerdy-funky in the back.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Not only ringing up, but listed on the shelf as $9.99.

Pretty good overall. More "in the style of" songs, now apeing The Beach Boys (Pancreas) and Rage Against The Machine (I'll Sue Ya).

You don't need to know the original song to get a kick out of Confessions part III, but I do think it helps a lot with Trapped In The Drive-Thru.

Course, I don't know what's wrong with my iPod only playing Jethro Tull... ;)

Jason

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
That is so awesome. Also, pause it and take a close look at the top friends on his "Myspace" page. The last one is the funniest if you're familiar with Myspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks