What's new

Wega Color Band on KV-36XBR250...HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

Jon Accamando

Auditioning
I remember seeing over a year ago the service menu fix for the Wega color band problem on the 1st generation Wega. I ended up returning the DVD player and never had the problem again. Well I recently got a new DVD player and the problem has re-surfaced. I now wish to go in and correct that problem once and for all. Please, does anyone have the details of that fix or the thread it came? Please help. Thanks!!!

Justin Gates

Agent
I believe it was the HOSC setting in the service menu if I remember correctly. If it is the same problem as what I had on my set, when you see these bands of colors when watching a DVD and you pause the player they stay on the screen. What I did to fix them is simply pause the DVD at a spot that showed them on the screen the worst. Then went into the service menu and adjusted the HOSC setting until they were gone. On my set I had to lower the setting from about 14 to about 12, but again I am going from memory right now.

Once you have the setting where they are gone, you have to hit "muting" then "enter" on the remote to save the settings to ROM.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I believe Justin is right, re: the HOSC parameter.

I owned the 36XBR250 for a time, but never had the issue.

Jon Accamando

Auditioning
THANKS. That link worked. I made the suggested change and it corrected the problem. Do you suggest that I do the other XBR service menu tweeks that are listed there? Apparently that make a perfect picture. Let me know if you know of these as well. Thanks

Justin Gates

Agent
I did some of the tweaks from that same site when I purchased my Wega about 2 years ago. Particularly the HOSC change to get rid of the banding and the AXIS setting to lessen the red push. If you have the AVIA DVD you can adjust your overscan with the HPOS, VPOS, and HSIV, VSIZ parameters. Just remember to write down all your original settings in case you make a change that you need to reverse.
On a side note, tomorrow at 11am my new Sony 51HW40 arrives!!! (can you tell I'm excited?) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks