What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon

Weekly RoundUp 9-6-2016

WRU-Banner-16-9-1024x661.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– Now You See Me 2 – 2016

full

– The Iron...
Click here to read the original article.

Last edited:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, you can tell by looking at this week's grids that the quantity of releases is starting to pick up.

'Tis the season as it'll be getting busy between now and Black Friday.

Safe shopping!

And thanks, in advance, for any likes to this week's OP. Love being here together with you folks. :thumbsup:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was surprised you didn't list Limitless S1 (complete series) in the DVD section.

Regardless of its absence in the grid, I'll be picking it up

Currently $39.99 at Amazon

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks once again for the round up ...

I hope the bluray named "The Katate Kid: Part III" is a mis-key and not another one of "those" kind of movies you had to wear an overcoat and dark glasses to see in the theater (so I hear) ;)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thank you for your work, Mike!

Love & Friendship, Genius, The Meddler and The People v. O.J. Simpson are all good. But the only one I need to own this week is The Iron Giant, and all I have to say about that is that it is about damn time. I would normally be in for the deluxe version with swag for a title that important, but since Amazon isn't discounting from the $74.99 SRP, I'm sticking with the regular one, which feels like a steal at $9.99.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike!

I think there's a typo in the Target section of the specials; it says Best Buy again instead of Target.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the ROundUp. Really appreciate your going back and picking up the link to CSI: Cyber which I posted several hours after the RoundUp was posted.

I do have The People v O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story here ready to tackle when I finish one more project tomorrow, and there are several other films in this week's list on my agenda to review though the review copies haven't yet arrived.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was surprised you didn't list Limitless S1 (complete series) in the DVD section.

Regardless of its absence in the grid, I'll be picking it up

Currently $39.99 at Amazon

David: Not sure if I dropped the ball, or it wasn't in my list. Regardless, THANKS!! And, HERE'S THE LINK to Limitless: Season 1 on Amazon!

I'd have included the entry in the grid in the article, but I haven't yet figured out how to do that <embarrassed> :mellow:

Thanks as always, Mike!

I think there's a typo in the Target section of the specials; it says Best Buy again instead of Target.

Fixed! THANKS, Adam!

And...I see Matt has posted a review of CSI-Cyber: Season 2. I have added a link in the original article. THAT I know how to do. :D

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Six this week for me:
  • A Boy Named Charlie Brown
  • The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother
  • Daddy Long Legs
  • Haunted Honeymoon
  • The Iron Giant
  • Snoopy Come Home
Hmm, that's odd. The two Gene Wilder films are slated to get to me on Thursday rather than Tuesday.
What's up with that, Amazon?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks, Mike!

At my age, I'd rather be subtracting the years rather than adding more, but what can you do?

I was just thinking about this the other day. . .first, birthdays are great because you're getting parties and gifts. Then, for a while, they suck because they remind you you're getting older. Then, after that, they're great again because you're still having 'em!

Personally, my mood goes back and forth. :)

WalkerEric

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobb
I guess Amazon is pretty confident it has loyal customers that don't price match. South Park is $18 cheaper and was also a store exclusive till now. I've noticed much higher prices for pre-orders at Amazon compared to other stores and then on release day they drop the prices to match other stores.

Not sure about other genres but I see it a lot with horror on Arrow and Scream Factory type releases. Barnes and Noble is hit or miss on decent pre-order prices. For the ones they're cheaper on, a lot of the time it's a better deal to pre-order than wait for the release and then use a 20% coupon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
My Walmart has Now You See Me 2 (Blu-ray 4K) for $24.96.

I almost bought it, but decided to save the $5 and just got the regular blu for $19.96.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks