What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/21/04 Star Wars Trilogy (authorized sneak peek) (1 Viewer)

ChristopherDM

Stunt Coordinator
I got my copy of Star Wars(42.99) at Best Buy along with Clerks X and got my free Mag

My Local Wal-Mart had it for 42.87 in South Central Florida

they also had some action figures which I might go back for.

Well on to the viewing!
Chris

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Great deal.

I went to Best Buy, they had the set for $42.99

I had them price match w/ Frys for $36.99. Tax and all Out The door was $40.04. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

PatM

Auditioning
My local Wamart in Bowie MD, near Washington DC, has it for 42.08 to beat out the local BB. I PM at BB with COMPUSA for 39.95 with free mag.:D

Alfonso_M

Second Unit
Yeap, Wally had it for 42.87 down here in Miami too, so I went next door to CC and price matched with my CompUsa ad, 39.49 + tax, no questions ,no hassles and no lines.

DaveJJ

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys! Here in Los Angeles, CA. In the City of Covina, the Wal-Mart store here was selling Star Wars for $38.87. The widescreen versions were selling fast.

DaveJJ

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else have luck with BB pricematching Fry's? I bought mine at the midnight sale but I have the Fry's ad and will be heading to BB after work to PM. I see one person has had luck PM'ing, anyone else?

Patrick.C

Second Unit
I just got back from FYE:

The good - 1. The price! Still the best thing going if you don't mind doing the rebate 2. The poster(s) - they gave me not one, but three posters (one for each film) for pre-ordering. They look to be around 24x36 and have roughly the same artwork as the DVD covers except without the roman numerals. They also have the "Star Wars Trilogy (Film Name)" at the bottom instead of the upper left corner.

The bad - And this could potentially be a major hassle - There is no yellow sticker on the celophane to do the rebate with. I inquired with the clerks and they said that there was a tear-off inside the slip case. I've seen these before and I didn't mind, but now that I've opened it, there is no tear-off. The only UPC is on the bottom of the slip case and there's no way I'm cutting it. I'll see what happens with FYE as others encounter this problem.

EDIT - I've been back and forth with the rebate center and the store. The rebate center said I could photocopy the UPC and include a note as to why I couldn't provide it. I call BS on that and the store agreed. After the store spoke with some FYE higher-ups, they said I can come back in and they'll print a "telezon" - the yellow sticker that we all wanted to begin with. The store said that "should work". If you haven't picked up your DVD's from FYE yet, be sure to insist on a "telezon".

Also, I came across a pretty good deal for those of you with kids. Toys R Us (at least my local store) has marked the trilogy down to $44.99 from $49.99 and still offer the $10 gift card. So that nets out at $35 and a $10 gift card to buy your kids some figures with.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Carlos, I got mine at the Best Buy in Porter Ranch today, and I had to go to Customer Service along with five or six other people but I got mine for 21 and change after pm and rz certs
biggrin.gif

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Star Wars Trilogy prices at Wal-Mart:

(Updated)

$35.88 Antioch, TN (near Nashville)

$35.95 Woodburn, OR

$38.84 Spokane, WA

$38.87 Covina, CA

$39.44 Glenmont, NY

$39.62 Exton, PA

$39.95 Central FL

$39.98 Antioch, CA

$40.00 Raynham, MA

$41.65 Mohegan Lake, NY

$41.88 West Lafayette, IN

$42.00 Shelton, CT

$42.08 Bowie, MD

$42.86 Richmond, VA

$42.87 So. Central, FL

$42.87 Miami, FL

$42.87 Oklahoma City, OK

$42.88 Rochester, MN

$42.88 Easton, PA

$42.95 Nashville, TN

$42.96 Highland, UT

$44.87 Bellingham, WA

$44.87 Lehigh Acres, FL

$44.87 Hilltown, PA

$44.99 Houston TX

$47.87 Fort Scott, KS

This is an extremely interesting exercise. Well, at least to me.
biggrin.gif

Roy O

Agent
Pricematched at CC with Fry's $36.99 Tuesday only ad. First time to pricematch at CC. Usually do this at Wal-Mart. Anyway the lady said she just saw this Fry's price on the internet. Made the adjustment and 10% off to get it to $36.19 plus tax. No line and no hassle.
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
quote:$39.98 @ Walmart in Antioch, CA. I would assume Pittsburg, CA is the same.

As Mike's list shows, it's dangerous to assume anything about Wal-Mart prices from one store to the next, even in the same town or neighboring towns.

Haven't been to the local WM here, but assume it runs to the high end of the range as it has zero competition in this area.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In Duluth, GA, Wal-Mart's SW price was $42.87.

I passed on that "deal" and went and picked up the set at Fry's for $36.99.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
$42.99 at BB in Mount Vernon, NY-$25 in RZ Certs==$19.52.

One guy in front of me used $40 in RZ Certs to pay for his SW Trilogy set.

Thanks for all the hard work Mike.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
PM mine at Best buy with compusa ad for 39.99 .. brought a couple copies of the ad with me and passed them along to happy customers.

Original price was 52.99 marked down to 42.99 for a week only. Best Buy store in Palisades mall, West Nyack New York.

Mike

Joe-Frietze

Stunt Coordinator
quote:I inquired with the clerks and they said that there was a tear-off inside the slip case.

Be careful about that with FYE. I sent in the tear off "proof-of-purchase" for Blazing Saddles (before I checked here and found out I could use the "telezon"), and they sent me an e-mail stating they needed the UPC code. So, having tossed the cellophane a while ago, I cut out the UPC from the label. I would *NOT* do that with a box set. Glad you found out about printing up a telezon, but that probably won't work for folks who ordered from coconuts.com.

My Amazon order is preparing to ship.......

-Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks