What's new

Weekly Roundup 9/2 (Gasp! Choke! MONSTER number of titles!) (1 Viewer)

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I was going to pass on the Disney movies for now, but after reading the DVDFile and HTF reviews, I decided to head over to Best Buy. Unfortunately, they didn't have any, so I picked up Monty Python and the recent Jim Henson's Storyteller.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that's always a problem. BB lists great prices for catalog titles but they seldom bother to order any until the sales are over. bestbuy.com is an option when they have free shipping, though.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Any one else have trouble finding PCU at Best Buy? Mine reported that it wasn't in the shipment they received, and that they had many people come in looking for it.
Mine in MT. Vernon didn't have it either. Got Breakfast Club, Weird Science & Where Eagles dare. No PCU or Don Knotts though :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
Swung by Wal-Mart early today, but all they had out when I got there was Identity and Kim Possible. Swung into Fred Meyer, no good deals there. Tower was terrible, as usual (Alias for $49.99). Picked up MP:TMOL and Angel at BB. Picked up Alias at CC and got the last free book they had.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I found Sleeping with the Enemy at CC for $9.99 along with Alias at $39.99. Also, I've seen plenty of copies of Bat*21 at CC for $9.99

BB had Titanic, Tightrope, The Breakfast Club and Sixteen Candles.

Crawdaddy

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I went to two Circuit City stores today and neither of them had the High School Reunion Collection, but they had the movies individually. Did anyone find the set at CC?

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Dave, just confirmed with Best Buy Reward Zone that the SG-1 deal is bonus points in addition to regular points. Good 9-2 through 9-6

4000 for 1
9000 for 2
15000 for 3
21000 for all 4
:emoji_thumbsup:

Chris

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Came here to tell y'all about cheap disney items at Costco, and y'all have beat me to it! :D

Well, you missed Kim Possible for $11.99, and Simpsons: Treehouse for $8.99! :emoji_thumbsup:

But getting for $13.99 each the Apple Dumpling Gang, the correct Absent-Minded Prof, and both Witch Mountain flicks made the cold I got for taking the trip worthwhile! :wink:

Unfortunately, Costco did NOT have the High School Reunion set for $29.99, or I might have indulged myself. Nor did I find the new Power Rangers there...or anywhere else, for that matter! :eek: My son will be so upset if I don't find them soon...

Thanks for the hint about Sleeping With The Enemy at CC...I gotta go get it for the missus.

Ended up at Best Buy for SBTB, C&C's Next Movie, Into the Night (finally found this comedy stuck in the drama section by mistake!), Fletch Lives, Titanic (they had LOADS of that one!) and Xena.

On the way into work this morning I grabbed Identity and Alias - both blind buys - at Wal-Mart when I couldn't find any of the stuff I ended up getting elsewhere later. Snooze/lose.

All-in-all I've spent $300+ today, and I don't think I'm done buying yet. Luckily, my wife and I both just got raises, so we can cover this! Good timing, because this has GOT to be the highest-spending DVD week I've ever had!

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
David, heres a way you can get high school boxed set for under 29.00 ! Assuming you got animal house last week,theres a 5.00 coupon inside. Combine that coupon , with the coupon thats currently inside waldenbooks flyers, for 20 percent off dvds at borders till september 30th , and youre looking at a total of 29.91 with tax !;)

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
Went to Costco tonight looking for Stargate SG-1 S4 ($39.99 is an awesome price!). They had no Stargate season sets at my Costco in San Antonio. :frowning:

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Andrea they will probably have it some time this week. Both Costco stores I visited today on a fact-finding trip for business had plenty of all four seasons in stock.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
new titanic fox edition is 12.99 at borders.
combined with the 20% off it is 10.39.

the blockbuster i work at got a few copies of the new power rangers in so check there as a last resort.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I kept an eye out for them (despite knowing I couldn't afford them), but didn't see a single one. Other than the Apple Dumpling Gang, which of course is from a different studio.

Surprising that Best Buy didn't at least have them, since they had Into The Night, Cheech & Chong, and Fletch Lives. They're all part of the same release list, after all!

Tony, I did NOT get the Animal House upgrade. I might get it later on, but it's just not a priority after spending this much money so far lately. I guess I feel that the HSR set at least offers more to upgrade from (mainly motivated by the restored music along with the anamorphic picture). I may just order it from Amazon, or get the wife to do it now to give me for Christmas. :wink: Maybe Patrick's advice to Andrea will work for me on Costco and HSR? Andrea, I also saw all four seasons of SG-1 at my Costco!

TonyD, thanks for the news about Titanic at Borders (too late for me, but I never expected Borders to have it at $12.99!). I still need to run to Waldens and grab a coupon or two. :) As for the Power Rangers, what was the price at Blockbuster?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Fact finding trips, i love those David ! lol ! Man, let me tell you it was raining cats and dogs yesterday, but nothing stopped me from going to get saved by the bell !:D

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
Andrea, be sure to look all around for those Stargate titles at Costco. Mine had a special display near but not with the other DVDs.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I went to CC at noon yesterday and they had no Alias. The DVD guy says he just came in and did not know if they had either sold out or never got their shipment. I got a raincheck and bought Boyz n the Hood.

Then I went to Best Buy to buy the Outer Limits (both seasons). While I was there I decided to look at Alias. They only had 2 box sets left! Was this title in short supply?

I am holding out getting it at CC but I might have to price match it today for $39.99 somewhere if I can find it.

I ordered all my other 9/2 online (Angel S2, Witch Mountain, HS Reunion, CSI S2, Meaning of Life SE). I got some great deals off of Amazon's Share the Love program, but I wish I had held off on the Witch Mountain discs, that's a great price @ Costco!

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I just called the second Costco in San Antonio, and they told me they did indeed have Stargate SG-1 Season 4 for $39.99 today. I called the other Costco (the one I went to last night) again just to see what a different person would tell me. Same story. No Stargate SG-1 Season 4. On my way to the Sonterra Park Costco now...

Update:

Scored Stargate S4 at Costco for $39.99. For those in San Antonio, they had them only at the Sonterra Park location.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks