What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-19-2006 (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Ordered my Sci Fi collection from Best Buy online did not want to take a chance on them getting 6 copies. This will be the first Battlestar Collection I'm skipping, much like Smallville last week I'm waiting on the HD-DVD. I'll Netflix it to check out the Extended Pegasus cut. Hard Candy will also be a rental for me, seems like now thru October there's not much in the Way of new releases. What are those Zane Grey Disks thou first i'm Hearing of them.

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Fry's Electronics Ad Prices
(Los Angeles Area Stores)
New Releases
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 - $29.99
Stay Alive - $13.99
All Titles Available Tuesday 9/19/06

Catalog Titles
Basic Instinct 2
Failure to Launch
V for Vendetta
The Wild
Hoot
$14.99 Each
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Prices good Sun, Sept 17, 2006 thru Tue, Sept 19, 2006.

Fry's Electronics Ad Prices
(San Diego Area Stores)
New Releases
Battlestar Galactica: Season 2.5 - $29.99
Stay Alive - $13.99
All Titles Available Tuesday 9/19/06

Catalog Titles
Basic Instinct 2
Failure to Launch
The Wild
The Shaggy Dog
She's the Man
$14.99 Each
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Prices good Sun, Sept 17, 2006 thru Tue, Sept 19, 2006.

bignev44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Neville Johnson
He-Man,The Unit and Battlestar Gallactica for me

Alot of you guys recommend BC so i am going to try it out as a blind buyis the show really that good?do i have to watch the old series to know whats going on?thanks

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.

blind faith didnt fail.
they were a one shot band much like derek and the dominoes.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Just repeating Steve's answer about Mister Roberts. it is, I'm fairly confident, the exact same disc as was in the old Warner snapper. It is just being released in the keepcase as part of the Fonda Collection. The same, I would think, is also true about The Wrong Man...which was also released in a snapper. But, I don't know if it is also being released separately.

Since I only have the snapper of Mister Roberts and have had a great interest in The Wrong Man, Battle of the Bulge & Advise and Consent...that Fonda Collection is looking mighty tempting to me. I will probably wait until it gets a price reduction down the road...although it already is quite affordable for four fine films.

Re: Bob Newhart Show: Season 4. I wonder if there was something unusual going on here...because I also noticed that title in my local Wal-MArt a few weeks ago...and didn't think I remembered including it in a Roundup. I wonder if there was a low-profile agreement between W-M and the distributor (and what would be the point of that?!) or if there was just some confusion about release date?

BrandonJF

Second Unit

No, you don't have to watch the old series to know what's going on.

And, yes, it is really that good.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've seen Newhart 4 in at least 3 different B&M stores, none of which was Walmart (I haven't been there lately). Given that Mike has seen this at a Walmart, it sounds like this got shipped to retailers without a street date restriction.

Mick Wright

Second Unit
You're right about Blind Faith, but Derek and the Dominoes failed to follow-up their debut b/c Clapton refused to leave his house. This is when he decided to take a few years off and do heroin. I read a Clapton interview in which he said that one of the members of D&TD (don't remember which) came to his house and shouted at him all day to come out, but Clapton was too fried to open the door.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al

Thanks Steve & Mike. I was getting exited for the possibility of a new trasfer or some extras.

Oh well, I'll sooth my disappointment with My Name is Earl. The only show I ever stopped watching (after two shows) just so I could watch it on DVD.

I'll be picking up the 2-disc Zoo Tv concert at CC. $15.99 is probably the best price I'll find for quite some time. That will nearly finish off the U2 discs for me. If only I could get a decent deal on Live at Slane Castle...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that was aand is on tonight. was on at 7 and again on at midnight on the UHD net

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Thanks guys!

Only Avatar-Last Airbender: Comp. Book for me this week. This is a great animated series that my 10 year old cousin got me hooked on. Great writing and a great overarching storyline. Definitely recommend it to anyone who likes good animation and a great story. (...but CC can keep their copies if they think they can charge $10 over MSRP)

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Black leather or pink...black or pink... hmm, decisions, decisions... :)

- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks