What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-16-2008 (1 Viewer)

Chris Brunner

Second Unit

Thanks Mike, but I thought ALL versions of the move came with the "digital" copy. At least a review (on this site, I believe) mentioned not bothering to download it as it's not iPod friendly.

I'll have to double check when I have time.

Thanks again for the round-up. It always goes great with coffee on a lazy Sunday morning.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

C

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It's a warm and fuzzy day whenever some random old Night Flight memory is unleashed upon an unsuspecting world.

Dustin James

Stunt Coordinator
Target SD exclusives - more info

Speed Racer 2-disc:
Second disc is:
"Speed Racer's Wonderful World of Racing: The Amazing Racer Family"
(which appears to be the same Target exclusive disc they released by itself back in May).

Made of Honor 2-disc:
Second disc is:
Digital copy of the film playable on your PC or PSP; "Save the Date" The Making of Made of Honor; "Three Weddings and a Skyline" featurette; Deleted scenes
(all of which are on the Blu-Ray)

Pushing Daisies:
Pushing Daisies Recipe Booklet: Secret Recipes from The Pie Hole

Additionally the slipcovers for the 2-disc SD editions of Speed Racer and Made of Honor feature different artwork than the 1-disc editions. The Speed Racer 2-disc slipcover is significantly different (and better IMO) but the Made of Honor 2-disc slipcover is so marginally different from the 1-disc that I barely noticed.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Yes, thanks Dustin.

Of course, the only DVD that the Target next to my office DIDN'T get was the Speed Racer exclusive.

I just came home from a very out-of-the-way Target with a copy and that indeed is the bonus content. I picked it up as I never knew about the original Target DVD when the film was in theaters.

Now, excuse me while I go and get my SPEED on. (I am on the LOVE IT! side of the fence for this movie.)

Again, thanks for this very important weekly thread!!!

C

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Costco had the Charlie Chan 5 (and all prior boxes) for $29.xx locally. Didn't see the Berkley 2 box though.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Maybe it's my imagination, but I thought Ang Lee's Hulk was out this week on BD. Amazon lists 9/16, Circuit City lists 9/16, Hi Def Digest lists 9/16...Best Buy doesn't even have the disc in their computer. This is interesting from a total nerd/geek perspective, of course.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason: Good question. It showed up on some of my lists this week...and not on others. When I tried to figure it out, the answers I got were inconclusive at best. Since I figured this would be kind of a "big deal" release I figured that there should likely be no question about it and that it probably just got pushed back a week or two.

But, honestly, I have no idea.

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it was showing up on store shelves or in mailboxes this week because of the original 9-16 date. I saw one site even listed it for a 9-19 release!

If you figure anything out (in a total nerd/geek bit of research) let us know!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Apparently, BB's and CC's don't have it anywhere. You can order for shipping from CC, though. It's all a bit odd to me. Like you said, Mike, you'd think this was a bigger, higher profile release this week. There's no announcement from Universal about it being delayed (like Warner and the remastered Superman Returns BD last week). People have gotten the disc from Amazon, Tower and CC.com not to mention in store at Target.

I'll be checking around here tonight to see if the disc is actually available or not.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Made my semi-annual pilgrimage to the nearest Target (Concord NH) today and picked up Dexter S2 for $19.99. Didn't print-off the Round-Up to take with me, though, and picked up Pushing Daisies S1 at Sam's Club for $22.48 instead of $19.99 at Best Buy. :frowning:

Target also had S1-S6 of Smallville on sale for $18.88/each. I thought about picking up S5-S6, but I haven't yet watched the S1-S4 I bought nearly two years ago at the Black Friday sales.

This Target appeared to be sold out of the 2-disc Speed Racer, or else didn't get any in. But there was an empty slot on the shelf.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Hulk BD update:

Yup, Target has it. $22.99 on sale this week. I don't know the original price. Slightly more expensive than CC, but you also can't get in store pick up from CC.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I rented hulk 2003 from blockbuster on bluray.. it looks great.

Jacob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks