What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-13-2011 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Hm. . .nowhere does it say what *size* the free T-shirts at Best Buy are. I have a feeling they'll be L, which does me no good. :(

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Mike and Adam, I found a press release from Mill Creek that said that some of the previous releases were syndication cuts, but that Carsey-Werner provided the broadcast cuts for the first time to Mill Creek. No word on replaced music, however. Since I watched That '70s Show blind, I'm not going to worry about an upgrade unless music is confirmed.
"Mill Creek Entertainment is thrilled to be bringing these four television favorites to the marketplace and offering them at value pricing," stated Jeff Hayne, Vice President, Content Acquisition for Mill Creek Entertainment. "Partnering with Carsey-Werner to bring the original broadcast edits to DVD is yet another exciting opportunity for us to provide even more television classics to fans, who have voracious appetites for these stellar TV shows.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by MattH.

Another review link can be added when you can get a minute. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 6 can be found [url=http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/314732/it-s-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-the-complete-season-6-blu-ray-review#post_3849869]here.

Done.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DavidJ

This will be an expensive week.

Whatcha in for this week, David?

==============================

BTW, [url=http://www.amazon.com/Big-Bang-Theory-Complete-Blu-ray/dp/B003L77G6K/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1315883132&sr=1-1]amazon has dropped the price on The Big Bang Theory: S4 to match Target's $34.99.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Welcome back, Mike! Best of luck, Bill! After a lengthy dry spell, the last few weeks have been expensive. I own too many versions of Star Wars already, and I'm happy with my SD copies of most of this week's big releases. That leaves Thor to be picked up later today.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for this! Though it's not included in the Roundup (probably because it was absent from both BB and Target's circulars this week and has not been getting much promotion at all), I'd like to throw out a reminder to everyone that INCENDIES, which was a nominee for Best Forigen Language Film this year from Canada, also comes out this week, exclusively in a Blu+DVD combo from Sony Classics with an obscene SRP of $45.99. However, that said, it is one of the best films I've ever seen, so it's very much worth tracking down if you are at all interested; hopefully it will be available to rent. I've had it on preorder for a while so got it for $27.99 (Amazon's current price is $28.99) and due to the high cost, that will be all for me this week. I'd like Citizen Kane eventually and will add Grey's Anatomy season 7 to my collection when it gets a price drop later. I will pass on Star Wars until the theatrical releases are issued, unless someone gives it to me a a gift. I used to love them, but have grown increasingly tired of Lucas's ego, and find I don't really care anymore.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Mike Frezon said:
Whatcha in for this week, David? 

==============================

BTW, amazon has dropped the price on The Big Bang Theory: S4 to match Target's $34.99.

I'm still trying to decided Mike. There is a lot I would like to pick up, but I can't grab them all and I do have a birthday coming up. I'm definitely grabbing Citizen Kane on Blu-ray. I'll probably pick up the 2D version of Thor (I didn't know what to think of it, but when I saw it this summer it was one of the more enjoyable movies I saw). Of course, I'll grab Star Wars, but I'm not sure if I'll get it Friday or if I'll try to be patient and try to get it for less. I'd also like to pick up O, Brother and The Big Bang Theory. My wallet is quivering just thinking about it---especially with the other big releases coming up.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Fair enough, though I swear I didn't see that when I looked. Wierd.

marsnkc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrew
My very best to you too, Bill. There's a 40% off BD sale at Barnes and Noble today and tomorrow. Haven't tested it yet, but according to today's HighDefDigest, there's an extra 7% off with code: E7E4K8K.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Will probably wait for a price drop on Supernatural S6 and Big Bang Theory S4. I did order the Spartacus set (RIP, Andy Whitfield). :(

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
This for B&N members (w/ a MasterCard) interested in Citizen Kane, etc.:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/268808/consolidated-hd-bargain-thread/1980#post_3850756

The CK set comes out to ~$27.20+tax (plus whatever reward program portal offer you might use).

Act fast, if interested. Deal will probably be over some time overnight...

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Looks like B&N started flipping the prices from the end of their 40%-off sale shortly after 3am ET. I debated a little bit and decided to just go for the O Brother Where Art Thou BD (~$13.75+tax after 15%-off coupon) from them afterall just before the price change, so that makes 2 release week purchases for me this week.

Had been waiting a long while for that BD release as I passed on the DVD, and our former(?) HTF reviewer Michael Reuben just put up a very positive review (wrt the transfer anyway) on blu-ray.com that sold me just enough to not wait longer for a better deal on it -- unlike some of the other studios, it's really not clear to me that Disney's non-animated titles get price-slashed all that quickly anyway, so it could be quite a long wait for a notably better deal. And whereas I refused to reward Universal for their mediocre catalog releases track record w/ a quick upgrade for The Big Lebowski, I'm more than happy w/ doing so (at the still pretty nice price) for Disney's quality release of OBWAT...

Cheers!

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
For those still looking for the best deal on the Star Wars Collection BD set -- and have B&N membership (or can do the free trial online) and a MasterCard -- you may be able to get it for ~$61.75+tax if you act fast:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/268808/consolidated-hd-bargain-thread/1980#post_3851114

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks