What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9/13/2005 (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Mr. Kaplan: How the hell are you gonna watch all that TV??? :D

I'll be getting in on that steal for "Ben-Hur" at BB plus The Brady Bunch season 3.

SteveFlack

Auditioning
Can anyone provide more info on the Director's Label releases this week?

I was under the impression they would be released individually for about $15 each, like the first 3. Instead, I can't find individual releases, but instead just a box of all 4, which is fine because I was planning on buying all 4 anyway. But what is with the $40 price difference between Best Buy and Circuit City? This has to be a mistake.

-Steve!

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Unlike my movies, I do have a backlog on my tv shows. But that's OK. I cycle through them like anything else, and am in no rush.

I recently finished watching season 6 of the Simpsons, and am getting ready to begin season 4 of Frasier.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

$59.99 @ Circuit City

$99.99 @ Best Buy

Steve: Didn't see individual releases listed for any of this set. In-store prices will sometimes differ from the web-site prices. I wouldn't be surprised to see a cheaper price in Best Buy...but, then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sticker for $99.99, too...if you can find it in-store.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ehh... it looks different, certainly - warmer, perhaps "off-white", but not what I would call yellow. But, we've got two different pairs of eyes, two different sets of equipment, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. :)

For $25 at BB this set seems like a no-brainer for any fan of the film. Even if you decide to stick with the earlier disc, you've still got the silent version of the film and the docu. Kind of hard to go wrong here.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
Alone in the Dark
The Being
Psycho 2
Psycho 3

After last week, its nice to know that the four titles I'm picking up this week will all be cheap.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That's what I'm thinking, Craig. I doubt, in the absence of the side-by-side comparison by Gary Tooze, I would even notice the difference in color between the discs on my gear and with my eyes.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I thought I saw them in there. :)

I never got the first set, but they all seem rather interesting. Are they worth it?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Some new release pricing at Target:
George Lopez "Why You Crying": $14.99
Da Ali G Show S2: $22.99
Empire Falls: $24.99
Everybody Loves Raymond S4: $39.99
Las Vegas S2 $45.99
Ben Hur $29.99

and it seems that some stores may be getting the "Red Sox Edition" of Fever Pitch for $22.99

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
-
Ben-Hur 4-disc CE
Carlito’s Way: Ultimate Edition
Doctor Detroit
Fever Pitch: Red Sox Curse Reversed Edition
Frasier: Season 6
Heartbeeps
Rumble Fish SE
SCTV-Network 90: Season 4
Sigmund & Sea Monsters: Season
Taxi: Season 3

what i would like to get this week.

Jay*W

Second Unit
Just in case folks miss it in last week's thread:

Much to my surprise, last week's Garbo box set turned up at Sam's Club in Atlanta (Clairmont Road) yesterday priced at $62.38.

Jay

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well....just stopped at one of my local Wal-Marts during lunch and discovered they had NO Red Sox editions of Fever Pitch. There regular editions were marked $16.87. The manager said he was surprised they didn't get any...and was fully aware that they existed. Although I think that's because he reads the BB & CC flyers! ;)

In the meantime, I called my local Best Buy and they said they had lots of the Red Sox Editions of Fever Pitch...for $16.99! :emoji_thumbsup: I'll be there tonight!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well i saw a carlito's way today.
it arrived in the bbv were i work.

the sticker on front says on dvd 9/27.

which is odd because that was the dvd.

the database says release is 9/20.

edited to add i also saw it at bestbuy too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks