What's new

Weekly RoundUp 9-12-2006 (1 Viewer)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I just bit on the (ugh) SW discs... sense my excitement. I purchased from CC because of the price. They had stacks of lithos for each movie so I grabbed one of each. I'm sure I could have grabbed more, but didn't. Then a the front register there was a trilogy promo sign that they had a few of sitting out, so I asked if I could have one. I left with a bunch of things for my kid who's only three... In like five years he'll love it! (yeah right)

BTW has anyone ever found a great "bonus" for purchasing at one store. Most of the extra discs I've seen are basically crap. And the other stuff just sits on a shelf collecting dust. Hardly a good argument for hitting any one store. Plus, I think my wife would like less crap around the house...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

:laugh: Well said.

About the only bonus discs I think are really worth making the effort for are those with decent supplemental material--ie: documentaries, extra TV episodes, or things which should already be included as part of the set...for EVERYONE to enjoy and appreciate!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
How many releases of Grease does this make now. I could swear this is at least the third.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Perhaps the music industry has just taken a page from the playbook of the movie industry regarding double dipping.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I've been in several stores the past coupla weeks: Borders, Circuit City, Best Buy, Target, Wal-Marts.....and I still have not seen a single copy of Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

Has anyone?

This is not a huge issue for me...but I've been wanting to see what this movie was all about. I have a fair recollection of the 70s TV show "When Things Were Rotten" and am wondering if there's any similarity/connection.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Mike:

I LOVED "WTWR"!!!! I think it was the last REALLY funny stuff that Mel Brooks did, IMHO. If I'm not mistaken, RH:MIT was released after the TV show ended, but was basically in the same vein (with some of the same actors if my memory serves me well...)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor

The Field of Dreams bonus disc from Wal-mart that was offered with the newer release. It had that great hour-long featurette from the previous release (I think, or maybe from the LD?) but wasn't on the newer release except for the bonus disc.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Ive seen the Robin Hood disc out, at BB. Now the Young Frankenstein disc is another story. Not at BB, CC, Target or Borders in my area.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
I too never found Young Frankenstein. Guess I'll put it on my DDD list and wait for their next sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks