What's new

Weekly Roundup 8/5 (1 Viewer)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Holy cow, my Duel is halfway here (from Delaware to Pennsylvania, en route to Ohio). I didn't order it until after the mention on the forum. I got paranoid and paid for 2-day shipping so that it would go out within 24 hours.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I just got e-mail confirmation that my copy of Duel has shipped. I have a feeling that Universal will release it sometime in the near future since they are allowing Amazon to ship.

I wasn't planning on getting anything this week, but I might be interested in Irreversible. Anyone know if Best Buy or Circuit City will have it on Tuesday?

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Can you guys please post prices you see in store for quick and the dead sb and star ship troopers sb? I am hoping walmart will have a good deal :D

Jodee

Screenwriter
You're not going to believe this but I just got both Last American Virgin AND Breakin' for free at Best Buy!

The deal was supposed to be buy both Valley Girl & Sure Thing and get one of the $9.99 discs for free. But I happened to be buying two $9.99 discs and they both rang up as $0.00.

Now I don't feel so bad for buying the pan & scan Breakin!!!!!

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
Using the 20% Borders coupon posted above (Thanks Dave!!) I was able to snag Casablanca for $15.99. :)

Chris Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
Radiohead: 7 Television Commercials - $11.99 at Best Buy (only 3 copies at one of my locations)

Also picked up:

Casablanca - BB
Thing FAW - BB
Haunting - BB
Rocky & Bullwinkle -Target

Turns out both Radiohead and Haunting were loose and well scratched.
Off for exchanges.

Thanks as always Dave!

chris

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Circuit City 2 for 9.99 MGM Titles:
Hoodlum
Get Shorty
Original Sin - UR
Battle of Britian
Roadhouse
Body Of Evidence - R & UR
Y Tu Mama Tabien - UR
The Fog
Zulu
Last American Virgin
Flamingo Kid
Bright Lights, Big City
Ronin
Rocky 2
Rocky 3
Breakin'
Breakin' 2
Robocop
Showgirls
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Killing Me Softly
Lambada
Bandits
When Harry Met Sally
What's the Worst That Could Happen?
Remo Williams
Rage of Honor
White Lightning
Gator
Kingpin

As always YMMV. Here's my experience:
First off...Circuit City sucks!!! At least in my neck of the woods. Everytime....and let me stress...EVERYTIME I go there they have their head stuck up their....well you know. They have no idea where anything is most of the time. New releases do not exist at Circuit City...at least from my experience.

I look for their display per their own ad. No where to be found. I ask a few guys:
Me: Hey where are these 30 DVD's that are 2 for $9.99.
Guy: Oh yea.....our boss told us to move the display into the wherehouse.
Me: So you have it listed in the ad but you chose to put the display in the wherehouse?
Guy: uh yea......(dead silence)

So I figure why talk to the little guy.....he's just following the same moronic thinking of his boss.
Me: Where's the manager?
Cashier: Uh...what is the problem.
Me: Where do you have a list of the 30 MGM titles to chose from?
Cashier: Uh.....I don't know. Hey uh dude...do you know what titles are the 2 for $10?
Other guy: Uh...no....just pick any 9.99 mgm DVD.
Me: Okey dokey.

So....I did not scam. They are idiots and scammed themselves.

Picked up:
Y Tu Mama Tambien - UR
Hoodlum
Original Sin - UR
Road House
Posse(not 16x9, Darn it!....it's going back)
Rush(It's worth it just for the score alone...gotta love Eric Clapton)

Good luck & happy hunting.

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
Like Nelson above, I just picked up Rocky & Bullwinkle at Costco for $22.99!

I had it in my hand at Best Buy for $29.99, but put it back when I realized that the Deep Space 9 4th season has NO BONUS DISC at Best Buy.

So, I drove over to Costco and got the exact same package that Best Buy is selling for $99.99 for $84.99.

They had lots of each.

Casablance SE was $17.99 at both places

Ryan FB

Second Unit
The Quick and the Dead Superbit was $22.99 at Best Buy as well.

Didn't pick up Rocky & Bullwinkle at Best Buy, but at the Wal-Mart price I'm a bit more tempted to (I already have the complete series on VHS, and double dipping kills me).

Picked up:
Casablanca SE (a title worthy of double dipping)
Amadeus Director's Cut
Finally broke down and bought the Warner/mk2 Chaplin Collection Vol. 1

I was looking at picking up Undercover Brother, as it turns out BB has the movie alone for $19.99, but if you buy it in a two-pack with How High (a movie I really have no interest in), you get both of them combined for $17.99 :confused: (and yes the two-pack has the WS version). Just a random heads up for anybody else.

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
Dang it!

I ordered the Duel set on Sunday from Amazon after it was mentioned here, and my order was confirmed, but today I got an email saying they could not obtain the title and were cancelling my order. Man, I always miss out on this stuff. How long before we see some of these copies on ebay for $50 or more???

Scott Pierson

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, apparently not long at all......Buy it now for only $112 HAHAHAHAHA

(Admin note - Active Ebay link deleted - the HTF doesn't allow them)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Frigging Fry's didn't stock more than 20 copies of Casablanca per store. I went to two of them and they were all sold out. Then I went to Target. All sold out of Casablanca, and all sold out of Rocky & Bulwinkle. Screw them. :angry:

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Target really seems to have underestimated the demand for Rocky & Bullwinkle. I got their last copy Tuesday. And of course, our friends at Best Buy decided not to carry ANY of the Warner horror releases except The Thing. :angry:

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Anyone know how much Casablanca is at Target? Or are they not carrying the title?

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Picked up Critters, Wait Until Dark, Halloween 25th (even knowing the transfer issues, I'm a sucker for a Carpenter commentary and have yet to buy the title), and Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Interestingly, I wanted to pick up Critters 2, but they didn't have any of them at BB. They had C1, C3, and C4 in good quantity, but not a single C2.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Well at least Costco had plenty of stock for Rocky & Bullwinkle $22.99 and Casablanca SE $17.99. :emoji_thumbsup: Screw you Fry's and Target! :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks