What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/31/04 (1 Viewer)

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Nelson--FWIW BB weekly ad shows it at $106.99...but the BB copies do include a "bonus disc"...

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
quote:BB weekly ad shows it at $106.99...but the BB copies do include a "bonus disc"...
Costco here in L.A. had the Star Trek 1st season box at $80.49. (This was even cheaper than Costco.com by $4.50.)

I just couldn't bear to pay a premium of $26.50 for that bonus disc (or even $19.50 if they did price-match Target/Circuit City).

BTW - I Love Lucy Season Two was $42.99 at Costco.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Mike,

In the round-up you have "Passion" listed as $19.99 at CC. But my Circuit City in White Plains, NY had "Passion" for $15.99. Plus the Circuit City website also has it listed for $15.99.

Anyway, got "Passion & Lion King II" today to kick off the fall/winter 2003 DVD spending spree.

Thanks for the effort Mike.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Fry's ad this morning had ST-TOS season 1 for $79.99, good today and tomorrow. Also South Park PotJ $9.99, R&B season 2 for $24.99.

I hate Fry's. I'll go over there at lunchtime.
crazy.gif

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
quote:Fry's ad this morning had ST-TOS season 1 for $79.99, ...

Yep, ... saw that this morning! With CA tax (SF Bay Area), total = $86.59!

I decided earlier (August 15th), to order from Amazon.com for $84.49 Total w/FREE SH, ... figuring I'd get it sometime this week. Well, surprize upon surprize, ... my UPS package came yesterday!!! I already watched the first 4 shows (Disc 1) which was most glorious!!!

I'm now thinking of cancelling my Star Wars Trilogy set from DDD ($41.88 ) and ordering if from Amazon for $0.11 cents more @ $41.99, ... (faster service!?!)!!!

Thanks Mike Frezon for the list!!! Just "Star Trek/TOS: Season 1" for me this week!!!

Phil

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I was happily surprised to find a coupon attached to the front of the Bullwinkle set I bought at Target yesterday. It was good for a free Fuji disposable camera. (I think it was called a "Quick Snap Flash" camera, or something like that.) Is this a Target exclusive, or is everybody getting this deal?

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Phil--not too surprising that you got it as quickly as you did, assuming that your ST order shipped from Amazon's warehouse in/near Reno, NV. Based on personal experience, I find that most Amazon items shipped from the NV warehouse are delivered to most Northern California addresses in one or two days, even via UPS Ground...

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
In case I missed the posting here, Target has I Love Lucy Season 2 for $49.99! And I thought I would get by this week without buying anything...

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Circuit City has a 3 day sale (Th->Sat). The following are $9.99 each (didn't check if this available online or not):

Mystic River (single disc)

Master & Commander

Last Samurai

Cheaper by the Dozen

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Runaway Jury

JamesED

Second Unit
Thanks for the posting the Outpost.com pricing, I changed my mind and ordered ST TOS S1 for $79 with 2 day air delivery.

Now I hope I can get good deals on the next two sets.

Tim_P_76

Second Unit
Real Name
Timothy J. Parkans
Fry's/Outpost.com has ST TOS listed for 69.99. It still lists as a preorder. Anyone confirm that this is a standard price or is all this too good to be true?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Didn't get it on my copy received today from DigitalEyes.net. Must be either a Target or B&M exclusive - I'd guess it's the former.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks