What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8-3-2010 (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Has it really been 10 years since the first Charlie's Angels flick came out?? And a friggin' quarter-century since The Breakfast Club??

I'd be feeling pretty old right now if it weren't for the gratuitous Scar-Jo pics. Good call, there, Mike!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Hmmm... BB has quite a few solid BD titles at $7.99, including Mystic River, which I only finally bought recently for $11.49 from Amazon. No idea it'd come down this far by now.

Anyway, maybe I'll go pick up Speed Racer (for the kids) and Any Given Sunday -- hard to resist at $7.99.

The website also lists some others at $7.99 like Ferris Bueller, Perfect Storm, True Romance and 2001: Space Odyssey.

_Man_

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD

Blockbuster has Kick-ass blu for 19.99.

And for those of us that don't have a Blockbuster within easy driving distance any more, Ultimate Electronics has it for $21.95. I hate going in that place, but I'll probably hold my nose to save the buck, since it's a hop, skip and a jump away from the Best Buy.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Today's Ultimate Electronics horror story:

After work, I shoot over to Crossgates Commons to pick up Kick-Ass. I see 40 or so copies in the Blu-Ray new release rack, marked $17.99 to my surprise rather than the $21.95 on their website. I grab a copy, take it to the cashier, cash out. Swing by Best Buy to pick up Unforgiven on Blu for $7.99. Head home. My dad wanted to see Kick-Ass but had to wait for a call from the mechanic to see if he'd have to bring my mother's car in. We twiddle our thumbs until ~8:00 PM, and then finally decide to watch the movie anyway. I take it out of the slipcase, and discover it's the DVD not the Blu-Ray! Thinking I'd just goofed up, I hopped in the car and shot back over to Ultimate Electronics. Turns out that when they ran out of the BD copies, they just padded the new release shelf with more of the SD-DVDs to fill the space. Since the price was cheaper than I'd expected anyway, I didn't notice that it was even cheaper than it was supposed to be. So I can't exchange it for the BD, but at least I can return it. But guess what? The cash register they do returns on doesn't have any cash in it. So I have to stand around waiting for a customer to make a cash purchase of $14 or more so I can get my money back. Finally a guy comes in with a wad of fifties, and I stand there while he counts out bills for a ~$700 piece of electronics. Roughly a half hour after I went into the store, I walk out with my change. They had a pile of the fliers in the lobby, so I grabbed one on my way out, shot over to Best Buy (more or less across the street in the mall) and made the poor girl at the register do a price check five minutes before the store was about to close. I finally get home around 9 PM, and it's too late for my dad to start a movie.

Thanks for ruining my evening, Ultimate Electronics! Now that I know they keep a stack of fliers in the doors, I'm just going to swing by and grab one to price check at Best Buy when their listed price is less. UE isn't getting my business in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks