What's new

Weekly Roundup 8-24-10 (1 Viewer)

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Originally Posted by Michael Elliott

Now that I know such a film exists, I'm a little disappointed they didn't use "Your Heart Will Go On...Again!" or "Collide With Destiny...Again!" as a tagline. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
So, INSIDE the Lost season 6 Blu- Ray is a coupon for $10.00 off the set. Must be presented at time of purchase.... Wait. What? Am I supposed to return it and buy it again to use it?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
If you were a true fan of the show you'd be able to go back in time to 1977, and then use the coupon when 2010 rolled around again.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
The coupon inside is actually good for several titles -- Cougar Town S1, Ugly Betty - Complete and Final S4, Lost - Complete and Final S6, Brothers and Sisters - S4, Flashforward - Complete Series (I'll likely use it on that), Grey's Anatomy -- S6, Private Practice -- S3, Castle - S2, Desperate Housewives -- S6, Scrubs -- S9.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Bah. I went back and asked them if the would honor the coupon on the original purchase and they said no.

So I promptly went and bought another brand new copy of Lost with the coupon, then went and returned the new unopened copy for a full refund on my original receipt.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The coupon is probably in all the titles that Will_B listed so the idea is that you get the coupon and buy the other titles. In other words, you buy Lost and then the coupon entices you to buy Cougar Town, etc. and not that they give you $10 off of what you just bought.

koufax

Auditioning
Real Name
Huckelsberry
That is why they should have just given you the price difference. You did the right thing. I alway explain it to them and they most of the time will give the difference. Not always though. I bought a receiver for the bedroom and they would not give me the 10%, so I went home boxed it up and brought it back. Then the manager said she would give me the 10% back. Of course then i explained to her that it was too late for that and that i would see it on the floor as a return for 30% off and I would get it then. It took two weeks for just that to happen. Gotta love Best Buy.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Quote:
Originally Posted by koufax
That is why they should have just given you the price difference. You did the right
thing. I alway explain it to them and they most of the time will give the
difference. Not always though. I bought a receiver for the bedroom and they
would not give me the 10%, so I went home boxed it up and brought it back.
Then the manager said she would give me the 10% back. Of course then i
explained to her that it was too late for that and that i would see it on the floor
as a return for 30% off and I would get it then. It took two weeks for just that to
happen. Gotta love Best Buy.

That's different though -- unless you were getting some 10%-off coupon from inside a receiver box.

Either way, they're not doing anything wrong. If anything, you guys are simply benefiting from an apparent loophole in the overall system by making the extra effort to do that. If they make it too easy, then everyone would do that and they'd probably have to close the loophole on you. Would you prefer that?

Anyway, I went to pick up my copy of Lost S6 (w/ the BB exclusive) and noticed that they have the original Planet of the Apes BD on sale for $9.99, so I finally bought that along w/ a slight impulse buy of Never Say Never Again BD+DVD (also for $9.99). :) And I was just about to order PotA for a couple bucks more (w/ some wait time) from Amazon's price drop too. :-p

_Man_

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Hot Tub Time Machine finally (nearly two whole months after release!) fell below the $15 price point I'd set for myself for that title, so I swung by Best Buy while at the mall Tuesday. There was a whole display rack for the title at the end of one of the aisles, completely stripped bare. So I went into the aisles and found five copies sitting under "H" in the Blu-Ray section. I often wonder in these situations how many people go home empty handed, because they never think to check beyond the sale racks.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Les Paul!!! That's a pleasant surprise. I'll have to check that out.

What do you guys think of Ajami? To be honest, I find most Israeli films to be pretty slow and dull. (The main exception being Walk on Water, which was great.)

Incidentally, Amazon currently lists the BD at $27.99.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yeah, sadly, that one's gonna have to wait. The price is ridiculous, especially considering that the actual concert footage is under an hour.

The new Megadeth concert BD, which has all of Rust in Peace plus encores, is $18.99. Now THAT'S tempting!

Michael, thanks, I'll check out your review.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks