What's new

Weekly RoundUp 8/23/2005 (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
So much I want, like Boy Meets World S3, Good Times S5, What's Happening S3, but it will all have to wait awhile.

Thanks for the reminder of what's coming out this week though Mike.

Bryan Ri

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan
The releases of Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore this week, are they the same editions that were released as a set last year?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Here in Houston, Fry's normally puts their Tuesday release-day specials in either the prior Saturday or Sunday ads in the newspaper. They're in a little box at the top of the page.

They are frustrating, I will say that. They'll have 1 or 2 sale titles on Tuesday, then on Wednesday or Thursday they'll put some other new release on sale. For example, last week they put the Simpsons S6 box on sale for $24.99 on Thursday.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I found a one page Fry's ad on the back of one of the sections of the paper, but it didn't have anything about TV DVDs. I guess I could head there before heading to Wal-Mart on Tuesday.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Yes. They are the SEs that were in the set. I'm not 100% certain--but am fairly confident--that these titles in their SE form have not before been released individually.

And, that is why they are included in this week's RoundUp, but a few other titles...such as E.T...were not included because they are simply re-releases of the same product.

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor

That's about the best price I've seen on this. I've seen it, but have been waiting for a good discount to pick this up. This might be the week!

Thanks Mike and Patrick!

JKS

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Remember that "ALF" Season 2 is again just a bunch of chopped up syndicated episodes (same as season one).

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Regarding Band of Brothers....I'll check Costco later today to see if it's part of the $20 HBO discount special (some copies of BofB just showed up last week at my store).

If so, that would knock it down to the $40 range. If not, the $62.99 approximates what Costco is selling it for.

Steve

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Looking at Costco.com it shows that Sopranos S1-5, Six Feet Under S1-3, Oz S5, and Deadwood S1 all are available with the $20 off. Sex and the City is listed, but is not part of the $20 off.

There is no listing for Entourage (or Band of Brothers). :frowning:

Don

Second Unit
Transporter S.E. at Wal-Mart $12.34 this was a price found at a Wal-Mart Close to Madison Wisconsin. is Transporter Worth Buying ?

rob kilbride

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Kilbride

Thanks for the info. How much of an improvement is the transfer on the 2-disc set?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

There are additional features on this 2-disc set. One is a featurette that discusses the American space program from the beginning until present day. That featurette runs 48 minutes.

The other one is a little over 12 minutes long and features discussion about the actual Apollo 13 incident with comments by the real Gene Kranz along with the real engineers played by Clint Howard and Loren Dean in the film.

Plus, there is an Imax presentation of the film along with a Imax featurette.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks