What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon has published a new article.

Weekly RoundUp 7-5-2016

WRU-Banner-16-9-150x150.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

Continue reading the original article.

Last edited:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Happy Independence Day, everyone!
saluting-the-flag.gif

Nothing for me this week. time to hunker down with my copy of 1776 and be grateful to be a citizen of the U.S.!! :thumbsup:
Same Here ... B&N Criterion sale this week and I'll see if I can find the DVD of RAH's restoration of The Story of A Patriot

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This is one of those rare weeks where not one disc release on either the Blu-ray or DVD lists worked its way onto my review schedule. And I don't see much there that would tempt me to buy either.

I would like to eventually see Tom Hiddleston as Hank Williams, but I can rent that one down the line.

Thanks for the effort, Mike!

Happy 4th, everyone!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Just the Taking of Pelham One Two Three (42nd Anniversary Special Edition) for me.

And for Mike:

"Gentlemen, forgive me if I don't join in the merriment, but if we are arrested now, my name is STILL THE ONLY ONE ON THE DAMN THING!" —John Hancock

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks for your work, Mike. Only Yesterday for me this week, soon to be on the way from Amazon, and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Happy Independence Day, everyone!
saluting-the-flag.gif

Nothing for me this week. time to hunker down with my copy of 1776 and be grateful to be a citizen of the U.S.!! :thumbsup:

Me too! I just bought 8 more Twilight Time titles and outside of the B&N criterion sale I don't plan on any additional purchases in the short term.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon kindly dropped the price of Only Yesterday Blu-ray, which includes the same DVD sold separately, to $19.99, which makes it the same price as the DVD on its own.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Amazon never ceases to amaze me -- I got a shipping notice this morning for Only Yesterday, with the carrier listed as USPS....even despite the fact that today is a federal holiday and the post office is not operating today. Of course, it will come tomorrow, but still...

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Amazon never ceases to amaze me -- I got a shipping notice this morning for Only Yesterday, with the carrier listed as USPS....even despite the fact that today is a federal holiday and the post office is not operating today. Of course, it will come tomorrow, but still...
Depending on the City, Amazon has an arrangement to deliver on Sundays and Holidays :cool:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Yep, I received my copy of Airport: The Complete Collection at 10am this morning (July 4th) at 10am via USPS. And I don't live in a large city).

One of the USPS trucks almost hit me Sunday, so this is for reals :eek:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Oh, I also have received *Sunday* delivery, but never federal holiday delivery. In the case of Only Yesterday, it's not due out until tomorrow anyway....but I was surprised to see the post office working at all on Amazon's behalf on a holiday. :)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Target had Kung Fu Panda I & Kung Fu Panda II for $7.50 each on bluray And still have the previous Ghostbusters films on Bluray for $8.00 each

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, here is a funny note on Amazon delivery...

Spoke to my mailman about the fact that they now deliver every day of the week and he said "Yes, that is due to Amazon but we had a special meeting about this and Amazon wants to take their deliveries away from us and are purchasing their own fleet of vans to make their own deliveries."

I said "Yes, I think I read that they want to do that to expand same day delivery of their packages."

He said "We were informed in the meeting if they do this and stop using USPS for their deliveries if we find Amazon packages in your mailbox we are to remove them and take them to be held at the post office because it is a federal offense for them to put their packages in your mailbox."

"Really?" I said.

"Yes, Amazon has been informed and their packages will be removed if they attempt to use your mailbox as a delivery receptacle. Your mailbox is actually considered federal property and may not be used by any other delivery service except the USPS. It is a federal offense for them to open it or put anything in it as that is considered tampering with the US mail."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That's all true about the mailbox.

Same rules hold true for any other carrier...and even local restaurants and political campaigns.

They are NOT allowed to put things in your mailbox. That is why campaigns always use things like door hangers to let you know they stopped by. And why, so often, you find take-out menus tucked under your welcome mat.

I'm not sure, however, about the USPS removing items from your mailbox. That doesn't sound right to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks