What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-31-2007 (1 Viewer)

RyanAn

Screenwriter

It's a 3-hour bonus disc. !!!!

Although, like someone else who posted, the Hot Fuzz disc was in fullscreen. I looked through the selection and they were all the dunces. (fullscreen is dunces)

Still... I'm really tempted to see if I can buy it and return it... doubt it.

I picked up WWE Vengence 2007 - Night of Champions.

I plan on picking up 300, Hot Fuzz, and Pathfinder down the road on HD or Blu-Ray sometime in the future when I can afford them. Oh, and a player too boot. I'm going to try and avoid double-dips as much as I can... for now. ;0

I hear WWE will be in High Def by 2009? - so I assume their discs will be as well. Should be cool.

Ryan

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Just Curious Mike Frezon, but why don't you list the Prices from Sam's Club or Deep Discount? (The Nearest Costco is 35 Miles from Me and it isn't worth the Gas for me to go out there to get something!:frowning: ) Sam's Club sometimes has some Great Deals, but I don't know what's there until I go there myself (Like the great deals they has on the First 3 Seasons of Hogans Heroes they had this past June!:emoji_thumbsup:

Just Wondering!

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

This Week I'm Getting The Archie Show for :D FREE! :D (Thanks to some Auto Dealers in my area that are passing out those "Golden Dollars" just for looking at their Low-Mileage SUV's they are trying to get rid of!) :laugh:

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
Ok, here's what I did. Bought the FS 2-pack. Took it out to my car, unwrapped the outer wrapping. Peeled off the white sticker on the back of the movie exposing the normal FS movie packaging underneath. Put the movie onlyl disc back in the back. Brought it back in the store and said, "Oh, my wife bought this for me yesterday. She didn't give me the receipt, but I'd just like to switch this for a WS version of the same movie. It's the same price and this is still sealed. Is that ok?" Sure thing. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Perfectly good question, William!

Sam's Club falls into the Wal-Mart scenario. Their pricing varies geographically. If I post a NorthEast Sam's Club price, it may very well differ from a SouthWest Sam's Club price.

For a while, I had added (as an experiment) a few e-tailers to the RoundUp--including, I think, DeepDiscount. It made all the sense to me, but problems arose. Pricing fluctuated often from the time I research the prices to "release Tuesday." Also, a lot of people do pre-orders with the e-tailers...making the day-of-release prices moot. I think there were other reasons the etailer prices didn't work out, but darn if i can remember them now. Maybe some others will remember.

I am ALWAYS interested in talking about this stuff with you guys that use the RoundUp most...because what good is the darn thing if the people who use it want something different?!

If anyone reading this has any ideas about the RoundUp...feel free to post 'em up for discussion! :emoji_thumbsup:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
keep it the way it is.

it is just fine.
easier enough to go to dd and look at their current prices.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, I say leave it the way it is. No reason to include online prices. It's much easier to go to a particular e-tailer's site to find a price than it is to drive to a B&M to find out a price.

If anyone wants to find out the online prices of a particular title, I recommend DVD Price Search.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Speaking of sam's Club. I got Terrorized Travelers Camp Classics for $17 and change, also Sliders season 1&2 for $18 and some change. Good prices!

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes

Thanks for the Tip RickER! I WAS going to pick up The Archies Until I got your Tip on Sliders. I used the Golden Dollars to Get Seasons 1 & 2 of that show, and I also got Season 3 because it was also available.:D

htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Karl R

Stunt Coordinator
Two Walmarts in the Eugene (OR)... W. 11th store had the Popeye set for $43, while the Green Acres store had it for $50 (Based on that store's consistently bad pricing, I do believe that Mr. Haney is the Electronics department manager.)

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Mike, if you have access to a Costco you might check them for the Popeye set. I picked mine up there for $41.xx and I've read on-line reports that some stores had sub-$40 prices on them.

Steve

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
I bought Popeye ($49.98), Pathfinder: Unrated and Hot Fuzz (with exclusive Wal-Mart bonus disc)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks