What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-27-2010 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I was already gray in my 20s (Irish/Dutch heritage)...so I was way ahead of the curve.

Good luck with keeping your head above the financial sharks. I think we've all had our share of problems with money. This hobby doesn't make things any eaiser...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I was already gray in my 20s (Irish/Dutch heritage)...so I was way ahead of the curve.

Gray is cool!

(And that is one of the most self-serving statements I will make . . . today. )

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Funny you mention going gray, Mike. (You too, Michael.) I look back at pictures of me ten years ago when I was 21...full head of hair. In the intervening time, it's slowly gone away until I decided to just go with the shaved look full time about four years ago. My father has a full head of hair. My uncles and cousins and grandmothers...yup. Me? Not so much.

It's hard to remember hair after not having it for a while.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
FYI - Crouching Tiger on Best Buy's website (as of earlier today) is $16.99. If you go to customer service and tell them that, they'll price match with no hassle. I've done this a few times at different Best Buys and never had a problem.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlo Medina

FYI - Crouching Tiger on Best Buy's website (as of earlier today) is $16.99. If you go to customer service and tell them that, they'll price match with no hassle. I've done this a few times at different Best Buys and never had a problem.

I've actually had them do the BB.com price match right at the register at least twice. It's a YMMV since it takes a bit of work to get it done.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Jason I've had the cashier either not know how to do it, or flat out refuse and send me to customer service. Ever since then, I just go straight to CS so I don't end up waiting in two lines.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
In the cashier's defense, doing the online price match at the register does require a bit of leg work and if there's a lot of people in line, prolly not worth the hassle. So yeah, I hate being "that guy" who holds the line up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks