What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7-24-2012 (1 Viewer)

Towergrove

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sarah
Aly said:
Just returned from Best Buy and wanted to let people know that they also had "Meet the Robinsons 3D" for $19.99. Obviously with U&S came out to $14.99.
Thanks Aly! Great news.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Oh I know that it's all about keeping you happy, Jason!

Actually, I appreciate you noticing that the cast picture is correct. I've goofed up enough on TV cast pictures (often using pictures for the first season that include cast members that aren't introduced until later seasons) that I now put extra effort into trying to get those pictures correct. I'm no ST: TNG fan...so I had no idea who appeared when.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Chas in CT said:
They Made Me a Fugitive immediately caught my eye, but of course the next thing to catch my eye was the ever-unyielding Kino price of $25, so, as others are saying with respect to the expenses we all know are coming up, that one will have to go on my list but wait for some more convenient buying time in the future.
Unless I should hear that the BD transfer of The Island of Dr. Moreau turns out to be a disaster in some way, I will absolutely do a DVD trade-in for that at Best Buy.  Glad to see the trade-up promo continues till 8/11.  I'll have to do another walk-through because I have several DVDs here that are worth somewhere between nothing, zilch, and nada on Amazon at the present time.
Thanks, as always, Mike!
Good luck finding that type of title at BB.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks as always for compiling the RoundUp Mike.
I will be stopping by Best Buy on my way to work tomorrow to get TNG S1...I'm pleasantly surprised that the set is only $60 this week (even less with the trade-in program and the $10 certificate Best Buy sent me after a recent online order...don't know why they did that, but I'll take it).
As I posted over in the review thread, I grew up watching TNG almost every day after school as a kid and it holds a special place in my heart. I am thrilled beyond words by the care and attention to detail that's going into the Blu-ray releases. Can't wait to get my hands on this set tomorrow.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
A question for those who have done the $5 DVD trade in thing at BB:
Do you have to upgrade to the same title or is it good for any Blu disc? I have a whole shelf of DVDs that I've replaced with BD and so it could be a useful sale for me, but not if I have to replace with the same title...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Any title, Moe...not the same title.

Some people go to the dollar store and buy some $1 DVDs (junk) and trade them in to get the $5 coupon for any $9.99-and-up Blu.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
+1 for what Mike said.

The only thing I'd add is HOW the cashier needs to ring up the $5 coupon. They need to scan the barcode along with the product. A special package deal screen will pop up and then take the discount off. BB should keep the cardboard coupon and the receipt as far as I'm aware.

I had to walk my cashier today through his. He claimed it was the first time he saw something like this.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Yesterday I took in two DVDs...one regular single-disc release, and the collector's edition of Monty Python and the Holy Grail in the big clamshell box currently valued at a whopping

!! 75 cents !!

for "Like New" condition on Amazon trade-ins. To save him looking, I pointed out to the customer service clerk that the Python has no UPC code, but he didn't care -- he actually recognized the set (imagine!), he wasn't scanning anything, and then best of all, he said "two disc set, two coupons". Huh?? Well hey thanks, I'll take it! Hope I recognize him next time I take some in!

So, anyway, three coupons. I only wanted two BDs yesterday, and I told the checkout gal that I needed to keep the scanning receipt to use later with the third coupon, and at first she misunderstood that to mean that I'd only been given two out of three (or whatever), and handed me back one of the two. (I should have run right out of the store and played the lotto, right?) But I explained again and gave it back. She did let me keep the "receipt", however. I could see that being kind of a gray area... you need to hand over the coupon and the receipt, but if you don't use all your coupons on that visit, then what?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
It sucks that they make you bring in the original case. I have probably hundreds of old DVDs that I put in disc folders when I moved from NJ to FL. Sigh. . .

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have some in sleeves as well, but I keep about 20 cases around for the times I want to trade or sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks