What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features

full

– To Have and Have Not – 1944...
Click here to read the original article.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi-dee-ho, RoundUppers!

Another interesting week of releases. New Criterions (Kino & Olive, too), some John Wayne, Bogie & Bacall, more 4k titles. Pretty much something for everyone...except for me. This is an off week for me! Which is okay since I've been busy the past few weeks!

Happy shopping! And thanks (in advance) for any "likes" this week!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Mike!

I'll be picking up "Orphan Black" Season Four on Blu-Ray, since experience has shown that the price for Orphan Black Blu-Rays rarely (if ever) dips below Best Buy's $19.99 first week pricing.

The Best Buy website is showing a $21.99 price for "The Magicians" Season One uncensored Blu-Ray, which Amazon appears to be matching. If that turns out to be the in-store price on Tuesday, I'll pick that up as well.

The Warner Archive Blu-Ray of "The 100" Season Three is a must at some point, but I'm going to hold off since the Warner Archive Season Two Blu-Ray dropped briefly below $27 within a month of its release and was fairly consistently below that level by the following spring. Still wish they'd include digital copies like the Warner Bros retail release of the first season, but this is definitely a whole lot better than nothing.

I'm also holding off on the final season of "Person of Interest". It's ridiculous that the price is $5-10 more than the first week pricing for the prior seasons, when you're getting 9-10 fewer episodes. I'll wait until it drops below $20 down the road.

I would be sorely tempted to pick up the Ghostbusters Steelbook if I hadn't grabbed the 2009 pre-4K Blu-Ray on sale for $3.99 a while back.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Scream's Bad Moon for me. Been waiting forever for this one on blu. The scariest werewolf on film, IMO, though the film overall is just OK.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I was supposed to get eight titles for review last week, and none of them made it to me. Maybe something this week. I do have one on the release list scheduled for me. We'll see.

Thanks for the prices, Mike. The 1954 Lady in the Dark TV production (with Ann Sothern in the part made famous on stage by Gertrude Lawrence) looks interesting.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The 1954 Lady in the Dark TV production (with Ann Sothern in the part made famous on stage by Gertrude Lawrence) looks interesting.

Agreed, I'm hoping a review will come out on that. I would like to know how well the presentation is before I blind buy.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am buying more blu-rays and DVD's this month than I originally intended to, what with the Criterion sale at B&N and the studios offering some great new releases.

I am in for three new releases this week:

Gun the Man Down
'neath the Arizona Skies

And there was no way I was not going to purchase:

To Have and Have Not

One of my favorite films and Warner is knocking it out of the park with the quality of their releases lately.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Thanks Mike! I had Batman v. Superman on preorder, but cancelled it...I just don't have the interest now. Besides, I can see this being a lot cheaper later in the year.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Pretty much something for everyone...except for me. This is an off week for me! Which is okay since I've been busy the past few weeks!
And there was no way I was not going to purchase:

To Have and Have Not

Oooops. I forgot I had pre-ordered To Have and Have Not a while back, too. Guess my purchase streak continues! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks