What's new

Weekly RoundUp 7/19/2005 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Dennis: Yup! Not selected by me though. Selected by the BBC, I guess. Just SOME of the discs in the big set were picked for release separately. Eric: Most of the reviews I've seen are good. They say (probably because its the BBC) that the viewpoint is skewed European...with the war in the Pacific given only one disc's time. But other than that they say the quality is superb. Shouldn't take much to dig up those reviews on-line. HERE'S the Amazon page with info and reviews.

Thanks again to Patrick for putting this up for me in my absence.

Michael Sliger

Second Unit

Probably not. There were some decent episodes early in the season (Electric Twister Acid Test and The Guardian), but the whole series fell apart when Fox started making crazy story and script demands. Producer/writer Tracy Torme and John Rhys-Davies left 2/3rds of the way into the year mostly because of that issue. After that point, it became a "copy a recent feature film" series and was mostly unwatchable.

Michael Palin: Himalaya is of potential interest to me. I adored the first three of his travel series, but haven't seen this one yet. I am sure it is very good, but it has already been a costly month. Decisions, decisions...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

oh ok, thanks for clearing that up. For some reason I thought SBTB only ran 4 seasons with original cast. What was the holdup for season 5 considering 1/2 and 3/4 were released a long time ago and it's also been about a year since The College Years was released?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the roundup as usual Mike, if nothing else I check it to make sure that there is or isn't something coming out that I want in a given week.

This week, its nothing for me, but next week could be a big one and august could get hefty.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

The British saw plenty of action in the PTO -- Burma, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, etc.

I think that many shows that ostensibly cover the whole war tend to focus more on the ETO. I guess the general concensus (not necessarily true) is that it's just more colorful.

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
The San Antonio Spurs 2004-2005 NBA Championship DVD went on sale today. That was omitted from the new releases. :D :D

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Picking up Constantine 1-disc. It's been months and months since I've bought a new release but I couldn't wait to find it used. I really wanted to check this one out in the theater but never got around to it. Just watched it and I give it a :emoji_thumbsup: .

GaryEA

Second Unit
Picked up the DE of Constantine and Circiut City today, and it rang up as $22.99.

Thought people might interested. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Scott: You know I'm an old school kind of guy. Give me the 1955 champion Syracuse Nationals! :D

Honestly, though, its all about baseball for me...and the Red Sox, in particular. Wait'll you guys see what's coming out next week!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MIke, I'm amazed you just happened to have that picture handy. That's kind of scary, actually. :)

A release that may cause the biggest virtual brawl in Roundup history between Sox fans and Yanks fans.

Of course I'm waiting for next year's 12-disc release of the Astros' 2005 World Series victory. :D One can dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks