What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/1 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Mike, that's good, but the figure should be naked. And he's dancing in place, whereas I dance around the room. Uh, naked. :D

For those of you who pretty much just stick to reading the Roundup threads, you should be let in on the joke: over in the software section, whenever something cool is announced for release, I often tend to respond like this.

And that often results in responses like this one! :laugh:

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Question on this week's Best Buy sales:

Can anyone confirm that Gangs of New Yorkand Le Femme Nikita SE are $14.99?

The circular had them listed for $17.99, however the revised website had the on-line pice as $14.99. Now, I only saw the circular on-line, and not from Sunday's newspaer ads.

If someone who has been to Best Buy today can comment (and confirm)...I'll be joining Dave in the happy naked dance...on my own ofcourse!:b

H

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Howard, the online ad that I pulled up for my zip code said $14.99 for Nikita outright. My price of $14.99 for Gangs is based on the website sale price (the flyer says "hot price").

Of course, as has happened in the past, some Best Buys in areas considered less "competitive" may charge more. So the $17.99 price could, in fact, be correct...for YOUR location.

However, I would think that Boston is at least as "competitive" a market as Memphis is. Wouldn't you? :confused:

Greg S

Supporting Actor
As usual YMMV

Wally World in my area

GoNY - $14.77
How to lose a guy in 10 days - $14.77
Nikita - $13.77

Good Luck

Greg

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I can confirm that Gangs of New York was $16.99 in my local Best Buy in the Boston area.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
rbirk, if that's the Cambridgeside Galleria Best Buy, I was just there too.

Its pretty lame that the chain doesn't keep consistent pricing. Why should us Boston area folk pay more than other people. Also, you can order it online for $14.99, for pete's sake. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Jodee

Screenwriter
A Costco update:

They DID have a whole box of the Streisand titles, all $12.99. I had to fight back the urge to buy What's Up Doc? because my Amazon copy is on its way.

King of the Hill was $26.99.

There's Something MORE About Mary... $16.99

Chaplin Box Set...$59.99

I thought it was interesting they had quite a few lower prices than on their web-site. Happy about Mary since that is a whole $3 less than I was prepared to pay.

I picked up those and then headed to Best Buy for $14.99 Gangs of New York and La Femme Nikita.

What's Up Doc, The Tenant, and Wings of Desire are on their way. :)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Just got back from BB. I'm not sure what happened, but somehow I got a free $10 gift card. Also, the $5 off deal with There's Something About Mary and another (such as Office Space) looks like it's not just at Target. There's a sticker promoting that on the copy I just got at BB. I haven't opened it yet to see if it's a mail-in or something I have to redeem in-store.

Now, about the $10 gift card ... I didn't see anyone post about this and I didn't see it in the weekly ad. So let me post what I bought and maybe you guys can decipher it:

There's Something (More) About Mary
reg 19.99
paid 17.39

King of the Hill (season 1)
reg 29.99
paid 26.09

Man Who Knew Too Little (boxed with Meatballs)
reg 11.99
paid 10.43

Office Space
reg 14.99
paid 13.04

Gift Card
paid $10.00

So I paid $66.95 for items that normally would total $76.96. I guess the lowered prices equal the gift card plus a penny, but I still don't understand what got me the card in the first place.

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Re: Best Buy GONY pricing.

Thanks guys...I went with Circuit City at $15.99...it may only be a buck, but it is foolish for Best Buy to not have the lower pricing in one of their larger markets...oh well.

H

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Just got back from Bestbuy. Picked up Gangs of NY and La Femme Nikita $14.99, I was also tempted by the TwinsKindegarden Cop two pack for $17.99. But only if they were OAR.:angry: :thumbsdown:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
OAR = original aspect ratio

It's seeing the entire movie without missing any portions.

MAR = modified aspect ratio

P&S = pan & scan (the worse way to see only some of a film)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
How would I order it online from Best Buy when their web site is not up? Maybe it is just today. Anyway, too bad Boston area stores have it for much more. I guess one cannot win all the time.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered Gangs from DDD instead, as it will be $14.89 shipped. Too bad you never know what titles they discount on Tuesday afternoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks