What's new

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
mike-frezon has published a new article.

Weekly RoundUp 6-7-2016

WRU-Banner-16-9-150x150.jpg

Where to find the Best Deals on Movies & TV Shows on 4k/UHD, Blu-ray and DVD…

The Features...
Continue reading the original article.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Phew! I'm gonna need a nap! LOTS of titles released this week. :eek:

This is one of the biggest weeks for me, personally, in a long time. I've got Zootopia, She Wore a Yellow Ribbon and 13 Hours all coming my way on Tuesday. And there will be others from today that will eventually make there way to me--Victor, Victoria likely among them. :D

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Nothing for me this week - and that's a good thing, as I'm still balls deep at the SIFF!

(Although I did pick up the American Ninja set from 88 Films. Sweet!)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks as usual for the grids and information.

I'm sure a lot is do to the re-release nature, but for such a popular series the release and substantial price drop the Star Trek Complete boxset has received almost no advance ads. Even Amazon had a very short discounted pre-order period in addition to confused
release dates. I don't think either the BBY or Target ads have any mention of it.
Current prices at BBY have it 99.99 though who knows if that will last until release date even esp since it seems to be price without really a reason to exist -- no other retailer is even close to it. The best online price at DeepDiscount and Bullmoose seems to be $126. Walmart has it at MSRP and Target doesn't even list it.

For those looking to get Zootopia in store -- Disney Movie Rewards still has a $5 off coupon available for 250 points (good through Dec 31 and should allow 2 prints though it's been a royal PITA to get it to print correctly or even find the reward to be honest. 14.99 2D or 20.99 3D for a Day 1 Tier A+ Disney is pretty special.

Search Get Rewards at DMR and click the 1-400 awards or search for coupon. Shockingly if you click the Coupon Category it doesn't come up. Then it is dependent on if you can get the printer software to work. It has been possible in the past to print it several times using different computers by going through MYDMR/Unlocked Offers. I did just notice it's using a different Coupon Printer that previously though it still remembers that my main computer has already printed it out so I'm not sure if the different computer trick still works.. The new CouponBridge printer software did seem substantially easier to install compared the Previous JumpStart so hopefully that will help.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for another fun RoundUp, Mike!

Fox has informed me I'll be getting review copies for the extended version of The Martian and The Other Side of the Door, but the review copies haven't yet arrived.

Those Perry Mason TV-movie DVD releases I reviewed some weeks ago. I got a press release from CBS the other day about an upcoming collection of all the volumes of the movies. I didn't request a review copy since I had already reviewed all of the individual sets. But check the TV on DVD forum for that press release that I believe Ron posted if you're interested.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's a John Wayne Fest for me:
  • Chisum
  • McQ
  • She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
  • They Were Expendable
And to add to those:
  • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan – Director’s Edition
  • Victor/Victoria

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Thanks, Mike, for all your work in making this Roundup especially, because it's so extensive. Zootopia is on the way to me from Amazon -- I would love to see Target's exclusive bonus content but expect that it is tied to the Disney Movies Anywhere stream, rather than on an extra disc. They've done that before with Inside Out and The Force Awakens and it's just not worth a trip to Target (or dealing with Target.com's slow shipping) for something that isn't going to be mine permanently on a disc that I own. So I'm done with Target digital exclusives and am just going to stick with the regular one and be happy.

Also, I found a DVD listing for Zootopia....but, like the stunt they pulled with The Force Awakens, they're not taking orders for it yet: http://www.amazon.com/Zootopia-DVD-...swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1465083492&sr=1-1

I am also interested in The Martian extended, Victor/Victoria, and Roots, but those are wait-for-price-drop ones, not immediate must-haves.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
No doubt it'll eventually drop lower but I like the price on Hail, Caesar! so I'll probably pick that up this week. At some point, I'll get Vinyl: Season One and The Martian SE.

Thanks for the prices, Mike! :)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Mike thank you for your work on the Roundup it is really appreciated (if nothing else you can gather what you will need to get a price-match at Wal*Mart )

BB was having a 3-day sale that ended on Saturday and that may have affected prices. I was able to pre-order ST-TNG Complete for $99.99 (free shipping is available but I have set up store pickup) (sale is $60.00 of regular price of $159.99). I tried to pre-order Apocalypse Now! 2-Disc with Heart of Darkness @$11.99 bluray (regular price is $14.99) but was not able to because it was not available for store pick up or shipping:(
They were also listing STII-TWoK fo $17.99 for bluray Pre-Order

Zootopia DVD is listed at $17.99

Prices are still the same !

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
That price on Wrath of Khan is surprising. I'm glad I pre-ordered awhile ago at Amazon for $14.99, because I would not be purchasing the title at its current $22.98 price.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I've got
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Zootopia (in 3D!!!)
And the John Wayne Blu-rays

It *is* a big week!!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I am working on my review of Start Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (Director's Cut) - but in short - awesome and worth getting for sure.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
That price on Wrath of Khan is surprising. I'm glad I pre-ordered awhile ago at Amazon for $14.99, because I would not be purchasing the title at its current $22.98 price.

Me too, Scott. The preorder is saving us both $8. Now, chances are it'll be $9.99 before too long... :(

Mary_P

Second Unit
For those looking to get Zootopia in store -- Disney Movie Rewards still has a $5 off coupon available for 250 points (good through Dec 31 and should allow 2 prints though it's been a royal PITA to get it to print correctly or even find the reward to be honest. 14.99 2D or 20.99 3D for a Day 1 Tier A+ Disney is pretty special.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. Tried to print it, and it only sent a blank page through the printer and now tells me I've reached my print limit (tried twice, second time same as the first). Printer definitely has ink, is working, and I think my computer met all the qualifications for printing. Supposedly you can request a mailed coupon, but the steps I was finding online to do that just don't exist with this coupon printer software. Anybody have any experience with that? Can't find info to contact DMR about it either. I think I'm SOL since I reached the print limit, but thought I'd ask if anyone had any ideas. Thanks.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I;d contact DMR directly and see if they can help with it since tons of people have had issues with the print/coupon software.

It's still possible you might be able to print directly if you have another computer, but I've had spotty luck over the years troubleshooting these coupon printer
issues over the web since they all seem to be computer/printer unique issues. A direct connection to the printer has always worked better than wireless/distant prints and
Mac/Mobile/Tablets have always seems to be more difficult.

If you have another PC -- hook things up to the printer, make sure the printer/quality is the default, update your Java to newest addition first .
Go to DMR/Sign into MyDMR/ click the Unlocked Offers tab and scroll down to Disney Movie Rewards Coupon. Click on that link and it should start the
print cycle again -- download/open/run the coupon software and follow the instructions hopefully

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Wrath of Khan is 14.99 at Walmart.com though I'm not 100% sure it will be in store tomorrow. BBY will probably PM however if needed. Target.com has is listed at that price also, but without a ship or store pickup option
so that won't help

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Wrath of Khan is 14.99 at Walmart.com though I'm not 100% sure it will be in store tomorrow. BBY will probably PM however if needed. Target.com has is listed at that price also, but without a ship or store pickup option
so that won't help

There's a good chance, then, that Amazon's price will drop back down to $14.99, as they usually end up price matching the big stores on release week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks