What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/7/2005 (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, do yourself a favor and watch Sling Blade soon. It's a great movie, although I can't speak for the director's cut, having never seen it. However, the review at DVDTalk said it improves the movie with more character development.

I probably would have never seen it except that my American Lit teacher my junior year in HS showed it to us in class. I'm glad he did. Looking forward to seeing the longer cut when my copy arrives.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Scott: Will do! Thanks for the recommendation! :emoji_thumbsup:

I remember seeing some Barenaked Ladies in your collection the last time I peeked. Do you know if that BNL tour/documentary that was filmed a year or so ago was ever released? It seems to be "around"...yet no retailers/e-tailers ever seem to have it. You got any ideas? I think it was called "The Barenaked Truth". Anyone?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm curious about this, too.

Is anyone here going to be getting Davey and Goliath? I think its a set with great potential

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

It's not common, but it's not the first time I've seen it, either. In this case, I'm sure it's just a typo.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I am wondering the same thing, Eric. I just picked this up at lunch and nobody at the local BB knew anything about the poster even after I showed them the ad in the flyer. There was a sticker on the set I bought that reads "Look inside for bonus Lois Lane photo featuring Teri Hatcher." It is the same shot as the image of the poster in the ad, but it is postcard size, not poser size. Can this be it or is this just something comes in every package?

Rich Strauss

Stunt Coordinator

My local Costco did not have the new Fox Film Noirs, neither as singles nor a bundle of 3. They were also not in the computer.

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

I'll be looking for Star Trek: Insurrection later today at Costco (need to get gas anyway :)). Anyone seen it there yet? With First Contact, it didn't show up at either of the two local warehouses for at least a week (might have even been two).

Thanks as usual, Mike!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...a good night for me.

Went to Best Buy and picked up Stripes ($13) and Sling Blade ($13). Had put Father of the Bride back on the shelf until I saw that DVD booklet at BB had a coupon on the back to get $5 off if you purchased BOTH Sling Blade and FOTB ($13).

So, I got all three for $39 - $5 = $34. Not bad, I'd say.

Dave: Thanks for the info on Barenaked Truth. I find it hard to believe its THAT bad. But, oh well. Wonder why its a Canada-only distribution?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Hey Mike,

That deal also applies to Coyote Ugly and Gone in 60 Seconds as well. There is a link on BB.com about it under this weeks offers.

Thanks for the roundup BTW.

I am looking to get

Gone in 60 Seconds
Father of the Bride SE
Coyote Ugly SE
Tears of the Sun SE
Star Trek Insurrection SE
Stripes SE

I just picked up the Man on Fire, I Robot, and Day After Tomorrow SEs at WM for $17 each (before the $3 off coupons in them which WM let me open up and use each coupon on the spot)

Expensive week for me!!

Greg

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, it's a little late after Dave's reply, but I didn't know that was on DVD. It's probably a Canadian exclusive because it's a docu on BNL (a Canadian band), was directed by Jason Priestley (a Canadian, I believe), and was filmed for a Canadian music channel (MuchMusic) IIRC.

I actually saw BNL at the Pepsi a few years back (freshman year at SUNY-A). They put on a great show, right up there with Weird Al, who I've seen in concert 4 times.

BTW, Mike, when you get around to watching Sling Blade let me know what you think of it.

Edit: after posting, I went over to IMDB to search for Barenaked Truth and didn't get any results. I was thinking of the wrong thing. What I described above is Barenaked in America (sounds like something you'd watch on Cinemax during late night :)). Tnat premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in '99 and had a limited US theatrical release in '00, but is unavailable on DVD, eh? So I have no clue what that Barenaked Truth thing is.

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Andrea all my WM prices for the titles listed at $12.99 at CC or BB were $12.43. All other titles were about 50 cents less than the advertised lowest price.

Not much help I know but ....

Greg

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave/Scott: I've got the feeling I have confused the two titles. Barenaked in America sounds like the one I remember hearing about.

I also get the feeling I've hijacked my own thread. I wonder if that's possible? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks