What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/22/04 (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For those in Los Angeles, it seems Fry's is selling Badder Santa and Secret Window for $14.99 (LA Times Sunday ad). One of the titles (can't remember which) is advertised as $14.99, the other has "Low Price" arrow pointing to the $14.99 price.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For those in Los Angeles, it seems Fry's is selling Badder Santa and Secret Window for $14.99 (LA Times Sunday ad). One of the titles (can't remember which) is advertised as $14.99, the other has "Low Price" arrow pointing to the $14.99 price.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Secret Window & Bad(der) Santa are both going for $12.71 shipped at DeepDiscountDVD after you apply one of their 20% off sale coupons that are good through the 25th.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=201772

For that matter, any of today's street titles should now be available through DDD at that discount. If you're willing to wait, it's probably your best bet this particular week.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Secret Window & Bad(der) Santa are both going for $12.71 shipped at DeepDiscountDVD after you apply one of their 20% off sale coupons that are good through the 25th.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=201772

For that matter, any of today's street titles should now be available through DDD at that discount. If you're willing to wait, it's probably your best bet this particular week.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Well I went to Strawberries today here in RI. Not the usual one but one nonetheless. I asked the girl for a copy of the DVD movie rebate and she asked me which one. I said the movie one. Then she indicated that there was one rebate for each DVD this week.

Now at this point I can only sigh. I'll take her at her word since she does work there although I don't think she was born much before Titanic came out. So assuming this is true, here's the de-evolution of the FYE rebate program:

1. Weekly ad flyer announcing to all who buy the Sunday paper which movies will be available this week; to

2. No announcement except to walk into the store and pick up the one piece of little paper telling you all the movies on the rebate (including the recent unfortunate "The Cooler" incident.; to now

3. Go in and look at the shelves, hopefully properly marked, at which rebates are offered.

[rant]This chain has a web site. This chain is national and can afford weekly ads. If they want us to shop here, why make it so difficult?[/rant] :angry:

Now, please, someone tell me there are not 8 different movie rebate forms at FYE this week? Or can someone explain any of this to me?

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Well I went to Strawberries today here in RI. Not the usual one but one nonetheless. I asked the girl for a copy of the DVD movie rebate and she asked me which one. I said the movie one. Then she indicated that there was one rebate for each DVD this week.

Now at this point I can only sigh. I'll take her at her word since she does work there although I don't think she was born much before Titanic came out. So assuming this is true, here's the de-evolution of the FYE rebate program:

1. Weekly ad flyer announcing to all who buy the Sunday paper which movies will be available this week; to

2. No announcement except to walk into the store and pick up the one piece of little paper telling you all the movies on the rebate (including the recent unfortunate "The Cooler" incident.; to now

3. Go in and look at the shelves, hopefully properly marked, at which rebates are offered.

[rant]This chain has a web site. This chain is national and can afford weekly ads. If they want us to shop here, why make it so difficult?[/rant] :angry:

Now, please, someone tell me there are not 8 different movie rebate forms at FYE this week? Or can someone explain any of this to me?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

I am sure this has been discussed before, but they make it difficult hoping that you won't bother to mail in the rebate. Then you have (usually) overpaid for a title that most places will have at a lower upfront price.

Personally, for a $10 rebate I would not mind doing them seperately if that's how they want it. A $2-3 rebate would be a different story.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For Los Angeles residents, my local Best Buy is selling Secret Window for $17.99 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
For Los Angeles residents, my local Best Buy is selling Secret Window for $17.99 :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

I understand why you make it hard to "collect" the rebate. But why make it so hard to "find out about" the rebates? Doesn't that make the former moot?

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

I understand why you make it hard to "collect" the rebate. But why make it so hard to "find out about" the rebates? Doesn't that make the former moot?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks