What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/17 (worst Roundup ever!) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

How much closer could it be? :eek:

Those of us that have to drive 110 miles through two states to shop at Sam's Club have little sympathy. :D

Luke Bowers

Auditioning
Sadly one of the only times I've posted in the last year or so got lost in the shuffle so I'll repost.

Borders 15% Off Coupon Till 6/27

Here's the most recent Borders coupon good till 6/27. Hope everyone can find some use out of it.

And I also want to reiterate my appreciation of David's dedication to this forum.

Thanks

Luke Bowers

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Population-wise, yes. I'm talking distance. :D

I'm constantly amazed that American society is so automobile-crazy, but people seemingly don't want to drive them very far. It's nothing for me to drive one-way 40 miles to Best Buy or Costco, or 55 miles to BJ's Warehouse.

Of course, I realize that in some urban areas some people don't have cars and may depend on public transportation. In this case, getting to specific places may be a pain depending on schedules and routes. But if you have a car, just get in and go! ;)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well actually I was too. :)

I don't know the actual distances, but in terms of time, I'm pretty sure I could drive from one end of Rhode Island to the other faster than I could drive from one end of Los Angeles to the other. :)

I've driven across the country a few times and it's always interesting to spend more time crossing Texas than crossing 9 or 10 New England states :)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Regardless of distance, I did go to Sam's Club last night (they would not, by the way, give me any info on the phone)...and as it turned out (after all that), they DID NOT HAVE Stargate: Season 3 at all! :angry:

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
You know, even as I posted that I realized I was going to get slammed for not being able to remember what all those states are called up there (Mid-Atlantic?) but I posted it anyway. So, I'm willing to take my lumps. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.