What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/15/04 (1 Viewer)

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks as always Mike and Patrick.

Anyone interested in The Wedding Banquet might want to check Best Buy...my local store had it for $9.99.

Howie

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it seems as if BB is starting to lower the prices of some of its catalog stuff as it's released...unlike bb.com.

Besides Howard's evidence re: The Wedding Banquet, I have also seen The Belly of an Architect for $10.99 at my local BB.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it seems as if BB is starting to lower the prices of some of its catalog stuff as it's released...unlike bb.com.

Besides Howard's evidence re: The Wedding Banquet, I have also seen The Belly of an Architect for $10.99 at my local BB.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Dave L: Based on your hints, I'm going to guess... Office Max! :)

While on the topic of breaking streetdates, I had thought Dead Like Me was out for at least two weeks because that's how long ago I saw it at a media chain not included in the DVD roundup. Also saw Monk S1 a week early at the same store.

I will purchasing The Simpsons someday. :)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Dave L: Based on your hints, I'm going to guess... Office Max! :)

While on the topic of breaking streetdates, I had thought Dead Like Me was out for at least two weeks because that's how long ago I saw it at a media chain not included in the DVD roundup. Also saw Monk S1 a week early at the same store.

I will purchasing The Simpsons someday. :)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Fry's (online and locally) has "The Wedding Banquet" for $9.99. Best Buy still lists it at $12.99 online, although some stores may have lowered their price to meet the competition in their area.

Fry's has reduced the price on "Lost In Translation" (LIT) to $14.99; meanwhile, Best Buy has bumped up their price on LIT to $21.99 after carrying it for months at $19.99.

Seems most vendors have raised their price on "MASH Complete Season 6" now that we are past release week, but Amazon still has it for $27.99 with free "super saver" shipping. (At Fry's today, it was $34.99 and Best Buy wants $32.99 for it.)

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
Fry's (online and locally) has "The Wedding Banquet" for $9.99. Best Buy still lists it at $12.99 online, although some stores may have lowered their price to meet the competition in their area.

Fry's has reduced the price on "Lost In Translation" (LIT) to $14.99; meanwhile, Best Buy has bumped up their price on LIT to $21.99 after carrying it for months at $19.99.

Seems most vendors have raised their price on "MASH Complete Season 6" now that we are past release week, but Amazon still has it for $27.99 with free "super saver" shipping. (At Fry's today, it was $34.99 and Best Buy wants $32.99 for it.)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

That Best Buy circular was looking a little suspect to me. It looked like they weren't actually telling you what the season 4 price was.

Can anyone confirm the actual price?

Ric

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member

That Best Buy circular was looking a little suspect to me. It looked like they weren't actually telling you what the season 4 price was.

Can anyone confirm the actual price?

Ric

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
OK, time for the Shilling for FYE report:

Much much much this week after a remarkably slow time last week at FYE, Strawberries, Coconuts, etc.

1. The New Release Rebate Report (listed prices are after $10 rebates)

50 First Dates --- $10
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 --- $20
Nip/Tuck Season 1 --- $35
Simpsons Season 4 --- $25
Tupac/Resurrection --- $10

2. The Simpson Report

All Simpsons Season Sets (say that 5 times fast) are $15 (except for season 4 listed above). That doesn't even require a rebate

3. The Father's Day DVD Box Sex Rebate Report (prices are after rebates of various sizes)

24 Season 1 --- $40
24 Season 2 --- $40
Alias Season 2 --- $35
Alien Quadrilogy --- $80
Complete Mr. Bean --- $26
Family Guy Vol. 1 --- $40
Family Guy Vol. 2 --- $27
Friends Season 6 --- $25
Friends Season 7 --- $27
Honeymooners Classic 39 Episodes --- $20
In Living Color Season 1 - $25
Indiana Jones Trilogy --- $30
James Bond Gift Set Collection 1 --- $80
James Bond Gift Set Collection 2 --- $80
James Bond Gift Set Collection 3 --- $80
Monster Legacy Collection --- $50
Scarface Deluxe Gift Sex --- $20

Now a problem with some FYE family stores is they don't always stay well stocked. The following are also available on the rebate form but none were available to price. Sorry:

Band of Brothers ($20 rebate)
Best of Ed Sullivan ($10 rebate)
Godfather DVD Collection ($20 rebate)
Johnny Carson Ultimate Collection ($15 rebate)
Sopranos Season 3 ($20 rebate)
Sopranos Season 4 ($20 rebate)
South Park Season 3 ($10 rebate)

For measurement's sake, I got my rebates last Friday for The Cooler and Gilmore Girls which I sent out 5/5/04.

There are also video game and music rebates each week there. Furthermore there is a separate rebate for 50 First Dates that will knock $15 of the price if combined with an additional Adam Sandler DVD purchase listed on their slip.

Finally, there appears to be some deal there that will give a $10 discount if you purchase 2 DVDs of $19.99 or more regular price. Without the rebates I'm not a big fan of the chain's prices but it might be worth checking out.

My fingers are tired so I'm done. Thanks for the space.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
OK, time for the Shilling for FYE report:

Much much much this week after a remarkably slow time last week at FYE, Strawberries, Coconuts, etc.

1. The New Release Rebate Report (listed prices are after $10 rebates)

50 First Dates --- $10
Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 2 --- $20
Nip/Tuck Season 1 --- $35
Simpsons Season 4 --- $25
Tupac/Resurrection --- $10

2. The Simpson Report

All Simpsons Season Sets (say that 5 times fast) are $15 (except for season 4 listed above). That doesn't even require a rebate

3. The Father's Day DVD Box Sex Rebate Report (prices are after rebates of various sizes)

24 Season 1 --- $40
24 Season 2 --- $40
Alias Season 2 --- $35
Alien Quadrilogy --- $80
Complete Mr. Bean --- $26
Family Guy Vol. 1 --- $40
Family Guy Vol. 2 --- $27
Friends Season 6 --- $25
Friends Season 7 --- $27
Honeymooners Classic 39 Episodes --- $20
In Living Color Season 1 - $25
Indiana Jones Trilogy --- $30
James Bond Gift Set Collection 1 --- $80
James Bond Gift Set Collection 2 --- $80
James Bond Gift Set Collection 3 --- $80
Monster Legacy Collection --- $50
Scarface Deluxe Gift Sex --- $20

Now a problem with some FYE family stores is they don't always stay well stocked. The following are also available on the rebate form but none were available to price. Sorry:

Band of Brothers ($20 rebate)
Best of Ed Sullivan ($10 rebate)
Godfather DVD Collection ($20 rebate)
Johnny Carson Ultimate Collection ($15 rebate)
Sopranos Season 3 ($20 rebate)
Sopranos Season 4 ($20 rebate)
South Park Season 3 ($10 rebate)

For measurement's sake, I got my rebates last Friday for The Cooler and Gilmore Girls which I sent out 5/5/04.

There are also video game and music rebates each week there. Furthermore there is a separate rebate for 50 First Dates that will knock $15 of the price if combined with an additional Adam Sandler DVD purchase listed on their slip.

Finally, there appears to be some deal there that will give a $10 discount if you purchase 2 DVDs of $19.99 or more regular price. Without the rebates I'm not a big fan of the chain's prices but it might be worth checking out.

My fingers are tired so I'm done. Thanks for the space.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DanielCo: Good work! Thanks for the effort!

I happened to be in a Coconuts tonight and saw Band of Brothers for $99 before the rebate deduction.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
DanielCo: Good work! Thanks for the effort!

I happened to be in a Coconuts tonight and saw Band of Brothers for $99 before the rebate deduction.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
No Monk at Circuit -----y around here, as usual. Bought it, Dead Like Me, Simpson's S4($31.99), Curb Your Enthusiam S1 and S2, 50 First Dates ($15.99) at Best Buy instead. Await MGM pricedrops on Station Agent and Touching the Void.

Joseph S

Senior HTF Member
No Monk at Circuit -----y around here, as usual. Bought it, Dead Like Me, Simpson's S4($31.99), Curb Your Enthusiam S1 and S2, 50 First Dates ($15.99) at Best Buy instead. Await MGM pricedrops on Station Agent and Touching the Void.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Ric, I can confirm that I got Simpsons S4 @ the Manchester, CT BB today for $29.99 plus tax (rang up correctly). But I agree with how it was listed in the flyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks