What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6/15/04 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Craig was absolutely right about Live Nude Girls. I saw one out early today and it is full frame only. I actually thought the way the presented the AR on the package was deceptive. They clearly say 1.33:1 and full frame and modified to fit your television.....but they also show a drawing of a wide-screen TV with the phrase "16:9 widescreen" inside the TV screen. But they also have dark bars on the sides of the TV "screen"...showing you how the picture will look on your widescreen set.

Hmmmmmph. Modified to fit your TV screen--I guess not! :angry:

Anyway, a cursory glance and you'll see "16:9 widescreen" and think you've got an anamorphic DVD with the right OAR.

Caveat emptor!

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Swung by one of the local big box type stores listed in the roundup and was pleasantly surprised to discover that dead like me was already on their shelves. Saves me another trip later this week. First time I've ever seen this store breaking street date.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Not only is "Once Upon a Time in The West" part of the 3 for $20 offer, Best Buy's regular price on it has dropped to $9.99. I bought it two weeks ago. That's $9.99 for the 2 disc special edition.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of street-date breaking: I bought Garfield As Himself (the TV Specials) today, 2 weeks early, for $8.99 at a store listed in the Roundup. Not everyone will have access to this store. That's your only hint. ;)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Nice roundup, as always, Mike. Simpsons S4 @ BB and Man Show S2 @ DDD for me this week.

BTW Mike, I never got a reply from you for the e-mail I sent a couple weeks ago. Just wondering if you got it. Drop me an e-mail or a PM when you get a chance. Things are looking slightly better on the job front than when I e-mailed you last. :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

You sly dog, you! ;)

To everyone who has posted thanks this week: You are most welcome! :D C'mon now...group hug!

Scott: Got it (the 2nd e-mail, I guess). Will definitely write soon. Awesome news!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Brian O just posted this question in last week's RoundUp thread (wholly appropriate since that's where this particular release was discussed). But, I thought I'd repost it over here (in this week's thread) to give it maximum exposure and see if anyone can get an answer. Its an interesting question:

Let the sleuthing begin! :D

Jon B NY

Stunt Coordinator
All Coconuts FYE Strawberries and Saturday Matinee sotres have the first 3 seasons of the Simpsons for 15 a piece.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor

That's actually par for the course with MGM. They have been VERY aggressive on lowering prices on new releases mere months after they first street. Case in point - last year's Denzel Washington flick, Out Of Time. It was released in January, and price-reduced by May.

Bottom line: If you want TtV (or most any MGM title), wait a few months, and save some cash!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Damn! I was just in Sam's Club yesterday, but didn't see this post before going and don't recall if the disc was there or not. :angry:

Dick White

Stunt Coordinator
I made a rare stop in my Sam's and they didn't even have the two-disc Field of Dreams , no surprise to me. If they had it, it likely would have been more than the $19.77 price at both Wal-Marts I checked. I did a PM with Best Buy to get the extra disc at Walmart.

Dean Kousoulas

Second Unit
A big week for me...

Simpsons S4
Curb Your Enthusiasm S4
Mystic River 3 disc set
The Fugitive + Twister ($15 at CC)
Flight of the Navigator

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
My Simpsons S4 rang up as $31.99 instead of the in-store advertised $29.99. Be sure to check the receipts. (My local BB did adjust the price, I hope this is limited to this one location)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
My Simpsons S4 rang up as $31.99 instead of the in-store advertised $29.99. Be sure to check the receipts. (My local BB did adjust the price, I hope this is limited to this one location)

Howard Glenn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks as always Mike and Patrick.

Anyone interested in The Wedding Banquet might want to check Best Buy...my local store had it for $9.99.

Howie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks