What's new

WalkerEric

Auditioning
Real Name
Bobb
Screw everything about Paramount trying to charge $48 for these new Star Trek re-releases. Completely scummy.

It's down to $43 on Amazon btw mike. Still, should be $19.99 each. I plead with my fellow 4K supporters not to pay these criminal prices.
On the other hand, if people don't buy Star Trek at whatever price they're offered at, Paramount will just do what they've done in the past with other Star Trek products and not release anymore in that format. This is what they did with releasing the rest of the different Star Trek TV series when it came to blu-ray.

Find a good price if you can but holding out isn't going to help when it come to Paramount.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I did put up the review for The League: The Final Fantasy last night. It's here. I'll have the review for Here Comes Mr. Jordan up as soon as I get the disc in the player and watch it. I'm also waiting on Eddie the Eagle and The X-Files. (And the Twilight Time releases, of course).

I don't know how I missed it, Matt. There is now a link to your review in the article.

I see Kevin has also just posted his review of the Blu of London Has Fallen. A link is in the article.

London Has Fallen is on it's way to me now as I LOVED Olympus Has Fallen and missed the sequel in the theater. Can't wait. I need to run off and see what Kevin says about it!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
London Has Fallen is on it's way to me now as I LOVED Olympus Has Fallen and missed the sequel in the theater. Can't wait. I need to run off and see what Kevin says about it!
He's not very complimentary, but I enjoyed it in the theater. :popcorn:

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I realize it was listed in last week's post, but Victor Victoria was moved to this week.

Has anyone gotten a ship notice from Amazon?

Or is this another She Wore A Yellow Ribbon situation?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The only way I'll spring for the Star Trek UHDs are at BB for $29.99. As much as I love those films, I'm not paying $47.99 for them (or any other, short of a 4K release of the OOT, are you listening Lucasfilm? ;) )

On the other hand, if people don't buy Star Trek at whatever price they're offered at, Paramount will just do what they've done in the past with other Star Trek products and not release anymore in that format. This is what they did with releasing the rest of the different Star Trek TV series when it came to blu-ray.

Find a good price if you can but holding out isn't going to help when it come to Paramount.

Easy enough to avoid the price -- don't buy at Amazon though with BBy already listed price it';s incredibly unlikely Amazon won't be $30 by tomorrow.

Another possible long shot that might be worth looking into though still some missing information -- with B&N 40% off sale presumably starting tomorrow there is still some confusion over whether the 4K discs will be discounted or not. If 4K are eligible then they might be $25 or less with the extra 15/ 20% off codes that will be active either online or in-store by the end of the week. Downsides -- a lot of new release items aren't discounted for direct online orders and most B&M stores don't have in stock though. The workaround IF they are part of the sale is to do an instore generated ship to home order which allows the instore price and the 10% BN member discount if applicable (plus extra discount coupons if you have them). It's not inconceivable that they could be as low as $20-21

Clay_E

Second Unit
I notice Best Buy lowered its price on Hail Caesar! by $7 since last week. Tried to get Amazon to price match it but didn't get anywhere - so it looks like I'm returning my Amazon order when it arrives and buying from Best Buy.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Mike, I'm supposed to get all three 4k's that street this week for review, but they have yet to arrive.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Thank you, Mike! Most grateful! The X Files arrived this afternoon, so I've started work on it.
When you get a chance, can you tell me if the second and sixth episodes still have their 'Previously On The X-Files' segments at the beginning of the episodes? I've got some other discs that I want to get through before watching The X-Files but my nerd OCD doesn't want to wait to find out. :)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
When you get a chance, can you tell me if the second and sixth episodes still have their 'Previously On The X-Files' segments at the beginning of the episodes? I've got some other discs that I want to get through before watching The X-Files but my nerd OCD doesn't want to wait to find out. :)
The second one does. I got through the first four tonight and all of the bonus features. I'll finish the other two tomorrow, and have the review up in the late afternoon.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Well...BB now has both Star Trek 4Ks on 3-4 week backorder and no store pickup. And Amazon has not bent on the $48 price. I guess I can save that $100 for now...

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
David - thank you for that! Paid for expedited shipping so hopefully their online availability matches their actual inventory.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
It sucks to wait on those Star Trek discs but if they're backordered, they're selling better than BB expected so that's a plus for the format.
Or they ordered a very small batch. Both have happened in the past so it's not safe to assume one over the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks