What's new

Weekly RoundUp 6-12-2007 (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Anybody who picks up The John Wayne Screen Legends Collection please report back and confirm that "The War Wagon" and "Rooster Cogburn" are truly anamorphic upgrades. I'm pretty confident that they will be, as Universal has spec'ed them as such and their other recent collections of star packages have all been anamorphic, but I just want to be sure before I buy.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Costco has the Universal John Wayne and James Stewart "Screen Legend Collections" for US$17.49. They also have the previously released Bing Crosby and Cary Grant titles in the series for the same price. I didn't see the older Rock Hudson set, but YMMV.

"The War Wagon" and "Rooster Cogburn" are indeed new 16:9 enhanced transfers. I also confirmed that "Thunder Bay" is 16:9 widescreen in the James Stewart set. In that case, it was disappointing since, similar to the situation with "Shane" at Paramount, the film was not shot with widescreen in mind even though it was initially screened that way by Universal. This is evident by watching it.

Regards,

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
If anyone is interested in picking up either of the Universal Jim Carrey HD DVDs (Liar, Liar and Bruce Almighty), FYE has them both sale priced at $19.99, in store.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Costco also has the Warner Nancy Drew Collection for $15.xx at my store. I didn't see any of the new Fox Cinema Classics Releases or Diagnosis Murder S2 at Costco.

Steve

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member

Target's version includes a "production notes book" and an exclusive embossed foil cover, but it appears that the DVD itself is the same.

Breach is a definite rental for me, and possibly Primevil since I'm in the mood for a cheesy adventure/horror movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks