What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/10 (1 Viewer)

JasonKZ

Stunt Coordinator
Don't let a few bad apples sour your whole imression of a forum membership. This and that forum are both great and kind of serve different audiences - I enjoy both of them. Great thread David!

Kevin Goodwin

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've been meaning to start watching Buffy, since I've never seen an episode and everybody raves about it. I don't think I'm going to be able to pass up all 4 seasons for this price. :D

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Ha! Not only do they erroneously label you as "smug" but that "Weekly Recap" thread is fairly anemic!

As always, thanks for the effort, Dave!

If loving the HTF Lambert Weekly Roundup is smug then I don't wanna be...smight.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I agree with Partick. I appreciate y'all, but this isn't the Lambert Admiration thread. :D

Say, what ever happened to Frys? Are they still around? Noone mentions them any more! :eek:

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'm going to check Costco tomorrow, besides the best price on Frida, I'm hoping they'll have the new Warner 2-disc SE's for sale at a decent price. The last wave that came out Costco ended up having them for $17.49 I believe without them being listed on the web-site.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well here's my plan tomorrow.

first take the target add to circuit city.

i plan to try to get the jack ryan dvd's because target K-MART(sorry if that meessed anyone up.) has them all for 12.99 this week. so C.C. will match and give an extra 10% of the dif off. they are listed as at 17.99 on the web site so that would be an extra 60 cents off. for 12.39 each. no tax in DELaware.

price match the target price of 17.99 for "once upon a time" which likely will be 19.99 for an extra 20 cents off. and a 17.79 price.

then match the target price of 15.99 for robin hood for an extra 40 cents off, for a price of 15.59.

then price match giant and right stuff for best buys- buy 2 get 5 off.
so another 50 cents off for 34.49.

i have thought this through.

now if only C.C. WILL have all titles in stock.:D

edited to fix store error and to say C.C. had everything yippee!

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Just when I think "ok, no new dvds for a while" Best Buy has to go and have a special! Picked up Shining and 2001 fo $20. Now I'm offically out of space for new DVDs. Will have to buy a bigger rack!

-paul

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Checking in with Wally World pricing from my area:

Tears of the Sun - $14.77
Old School - $13.77
Biker Boyz - $13.77
Jungle Book 2 - $15.77
Buffy - $48.99

These were not on the shelf yet. The DVD person told me that WW's pricing was $15.77 for each one of these. There was no sign and no product to actually run through the register so take it for what it's worth.

Right Stuff SE
Giant SE
Robin Hood SE
OUATIA SE

Of course with WW your mileage may vary since their pricing is based on locality.

GOOD LUCK!!

Greg

FYI all of last weeks releases were still at the same pricing as the previous week.

Animatrix - $12.44
T2 Extreme - $14.44
Die Another Day - $14.44
About Schmidt - $17.77
Fast & Furious TOE - $17.77

Stan T

Stunt Coordinator
I also posted this in the software section but thought I'd post it here also.

I just got back from picking up "Robin Hood - SE" from Target for $15.99 & was surprised to look on the back & see that it has DTS 5.1 Sound to go along with the Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.

Maybe I missed the DTS sound in the press release when this was announced but it was a very pleasant surprise.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Just ordered online from Bestbuy.com:

Great Escape, A Bridge Too Far, & Force 10 From Navarone for $6.00 each :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:. Will head out and get "Once Upon A Time In America" later tonight.

Thanks for another great roundup Dave. If not for it, I would have overlooked the 5 for $30 special at Best Buy.

Joe

Eric Meske

Stunt Coordinator
Just got back from Target. I was going to pick up Once Upon a Time, and they didn't have any copies left. From the looks of things they only got a couple copies to begin with (judging by the aisle space alotted for the title). :frowning:

Guess I'll have to make a trip (50 miles or so) to Best Buy and pick up Once and Right Stuff for $30. Hope they ordered more copies than Target.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Guess I'll have to make a trip (50 miles or so) to Best Buy and pick up Once and Right Stuff for $30. Hope they ordered more copies than Target.
Well, $35 since it's ($19.99 x 2) - $5. Just order it from BestBuy.com and have it sent to your door, instead of driving 50+ miles! Or...check Wal-Mart (surely there's one near you?).

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Well I used Dave's coupon and got both Brady Bunch films (no 2 pack) from Border's, along with Aguirre: Wrath of God. Thanks, Dave.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for another great roundup Dave!

I couldn't pass up on the Buffy deal at BB. I have been waiting to get the sets and I'm glad I did. I picked up S1-4 of Buffy, Eyes Wide Shut, and Empire of the Sun (the 2 for $20 deal).

A side note: I wanted to pick up X-files S7 at BB, but they wouldn't match their own websites price. I understand them not matching other stores websites...but their own?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just got back from Target. I was going to pick up Once Upon a Time, and they didn't have any copies left. From the looks of things they only got a couple copies to begin with (judging by the aisle space alotted for the title).
I ran into the same thing at Target last week with T2:EE. I went back Friday and they had restocked so I snagged it then. You might be able to avoid that 50 mile trip by just going back to Target in a couple of days. Just a thought.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The Costco near me didn't have any of the Warner SEs in stock. But there was a $20 discount on Angel season 1, or Buffy season 2 or 3 if you bought Buffy season 4 ($39.99) from them at the same time. I only picked up Buffy Season 4 since I have all the other season sets for the discount. Also, I spotted the commemorative edition (has the faux leathery cover) for Pearl Harbor for only $11.99 there.

I wound up at Best Buy to pick up The Right Stuff and OUATIA since Target didn't have left of OUATIA, nor a sale tag for The Right Stuff. I was surprised to see Robin Hood for $15.99 too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks