What's new

Weekly Roundup 5/6 (whew...this one is HUGE!) (1 Viewer)

Noel

Grip
Stopped at the local Wal-mart(NW WA) to pick-up CMIYC ($14.44)today and noticed Jack Ryan Collection for $42.88.
I had already received it from DDD earlier in the day.

Dave, you do an AWESOME job!!!I look forward to the round-up each week.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Yeah Costco didn't have the individual Jack Ryan titles, only the box for $44.xx. I am only interested in the new Red October.....

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
My Best Buy had only the older versions of the individual Ryans - all marked at the sale price. :angry: Be careful!

I ended up getting the box, even though I already have SoaF. I figure I'll put the extra up on EBay and easily make back more than the $6 differential.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Best Buy in porter ranch had a large selection sea of love se for 14.99, but I got the only copy of the people vs larry flynt for the outrageous price of 22.99 :thumbsdown:. Also, Walmart had the Beatles anthology for $45, when you add that in to cmifc two jack ryan movies I spent a bundle!

Bolivar G

Second Unit
This week was actually cheaper to buy at B&M than online :D
Picked up the jack ryan set for 43.29 out the door at best buy.
$44.99 - $5 coupon (from rewards card) + tax = 43.29

Jodee

Screenwriter
I didn't see this posted yet, but Costco has a $5 rebate on Catch Me if You Can. The price is $18.69 but after rebate it makes it the lowest prices out there: $13.69.

Since I also bought some cat litter with a $3 rebate, it printed out on the same receipt and I only have to send it into Costco once to get my $8 back. $13.69 is a great price on CMIYC. Plus I get 1% back on my Costco purchases and it saved me an extra trip to Best Buy.

I also broke down and bought the Jack Ryan box. I already have SOAF (which I bought used) but I'll just sell it back and I'll have the nice shiny set.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Catch Me If You Can for $15.99 and Hunt For Red October for $14.99 at BB. I'm going to bring a CC ad up there and get the other $2 off of Red October later this week.

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
I got the jack ryan box for $39.99 and CMIYC for $11.99 at bestbuy after using 2 $5.00 zoner certs.
edit
OOPS. that was $10.99 for CMIYC

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I picked up Catch Me If You Can for $15.99 and Hunt For Red October for $14.99 at BB. I'm going to bring a CC ad up there and get the other $2 off of Red October later this week.
You should have paid $12.99 for Red October at BB - that's their advertised price this week. No price match with CC needed.

Which begs the question - did you get the correct version of Red October? My BB just had the older version, which I'll bet rings up at the $14.99 price.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Yes, folks, be sure and look at what you're buying; don't just grab and run. These are all mixed in at most stores.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
A note of caution for Best Buy shoppers: BB ads showed Happy Gilmore for $11.99 this week. I was in the Union, NJ, store this PM and picked up 'Hap' alog with Red October & Superbit From Here to Eternity. While heading to the register, I noticed that Gilmore was a full-screen edition, so I went back to the racks and found that all 20 copies were FS. A shame, as my son spent his Easter vacation getting through the entire Sandler catalog & wanted to own some of them, BUT it ain't coming in my house if it ain't OAR...Anybody else notic this at other Best Buy locations?

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
While heading to the register, I noticed that Gilmore was a full-screen edition, so I went back to the racks and found that all 20 copies were FS. A shame, as my son spent his Easter vacation getting through the entire Sandler catalog & wanted to own some of them, BUT it ain't coming in my house if it ain't OAR...Anybody else notic this at other Best Buy locations?
Ed:

Happy Gilmore is 1.33:1 only. At the current time you will not find an OAR DVD(Possible 1.85:1 ratio) of it because it doesn't exist.

As stated earlier in this thread or probably another it is not known whether or not it is Pan & Scam or Open Matted.

Joe

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Which begs the question - did you get the correct version of Red October?
Instead of the boxset, I got the 3 titles that I didn't have. I got the correct version Red October but went into stupid mode with Clear and Present Danger. I took it back today and got the correct copy. Customer Service tried to give me a hard time and kept saying they were the same. I said ok then "what's the problem?", "I'll take this one and you put that one back on the shelf. Cool?" BB Cust Service: "Cool."

Crisis averted!

My Best Buy was also handing out "$5 off 3 DVDs" coupons so I paid $11.33 per title bt.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Well, Dave, you had to figure to get SOME reaction.....

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For what it's worth, my DVD collection is valued at over $20,000.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me be the FIRST to say......

Come on... you know better, that's what Dave's collection is WORTH, not what he paid. You expect bargain hunter Dave to pay more than he has to?!? =)

My collection was done on average for less than $5 a dvd. It's been tough to maintain that average lately. But that's well below what it would cost to replace the 800+ dvds.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Come on... you know better, that's what Dave's collection is WORTH, not what he paid. You expect bargain hunter Dave to pay more than he has to?!? =)
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I have *paid* out more than $20,000 for DVDs in my collection.

The collection is VALUED much higher than that (double, perhaps), based on SRPs and value of rare items (like 1st edition of Devil's Advocate, bonus disc for Alien Legacy set, etc.).

I am in the process of doing a MASSIVE update to the data in my database, so I cannot give you exact numbers today. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks